Chapter - 7

(Author's Pov):

It has been four to five months since Mew started meeting up with Renu. He doesn't have a choice but to go on these so-called dates because it's his father's order. However, there is nothing special between them. Mew only sees Renu as a friend because his heart belongs to Gulf. If Renu tries to become more than just a friend, Mew doesn't allow it.

Mew is trying his best to get closer to Gulf, but Gulf keeps distancing himself every time they meet. This is why Mew hasn't been able to confess his feelings. Mew doesn't understand why Gulf is behaving this way, and it frustrates him. Unfortunately, he can't do anything about it because in Gulf's eyes, Mew is just going to be his sister's husband.

The Suppasit family currently is sitting in the living room, waiting for Mew to return from work. After a bit, Mew appears. Mew spotted Mr and Mrs Suppasit in the living room.

" Mom and dad, why are you still awake at such a late hour?" Mew asked. And mom sorry for coming late home. Today I had so many works to done."

Mrs Suppasit nods in understanding.

" Mew we would want to discuss something important with you." Mr. Suppasit stated in a serious manner.

" Yes, Dad, what is it?" Mew inquired curiously.

"First tell me Son, have you had your dinner? " Mew's mother asked.

" Yes mom."

" Okay, then freshen up and we'll discuss."

Mew nods and goes upstairs to freshen up.

When he returns, he sits next to his mom and dad and asks, " What you want to talk about dad?"

" Well we believes there is nothing more for You to know about Renu, so I've decided to proceed with the marriage. I've already discussed everything with the Kanawut family, and Your and Renu's engagement has been fixed for the following week. So be prepared and announce the news to Your office." Mr. Suppasit explains.

Mew is taken aback by his dad's confession and angrily gets up from his seat.

" how could you fix my engagement with Renu without even asking me?" He shouted

Mew's outburst surprises Mr. Suppasit, who raises his voice in response. Mew's mom intervenes, " Son calm down Don't talk to your father in such a manner."

Mew, fueled by anger, " I'm is not a child who has to accept whatever decisions My family makes for me. I have the right to make my own life decisions. "

" You both are selfish, don't care about me at all."

Without further hesitation, Mew storms out of the house, unaware of the impact his words had on his dad.

This is the first time Mr Suppasit has seen Mew behave and talk to him like this, and it leaves him feeling hurt and breathless.

(Gulf's pov):

In the past 5/4 months, I have been avoiding Mew. I feel so weak around him and I can't control my racing heart. It's not a good feeling because he is soon to be my sister's husband. So, I'm trying to keep my distance as much as possible. However, I can't help but think about him constantly. I've never felt this way about anyone before.

As I was studying at my desk, someone knocked on my door. "Come in," I said."

It was my mom, who's looking incredibly tense and sweating. She told me we needed to go to the hospital urgently because Mr. Suppasit had a heart attack. This shocked me and I quickly got ready to go.