Chapter 32: Realize

DS8Uncovered #LuMa #BearCouple #DaggerSeries

CHAPTER 32: REALIZE

LUNA'S POV

"They would have been proud."

I pulled my eyes away from Magnus and his mother, who were walking along the beach. After we finished the worst lunch I ever had, except for the fact that Lucienne was right that the food was great, Magnus and I were ready to leave the island when his mother stopped us.

"That I disrespected not only someone older than me but also my husband's mother?"

With a small smile on his lips, Kuya Thorn shook his head. "You didn't disrespect her. You told her the truth—that might be harsh, but still the truth. You also stood up for your husband so that he wouldn't have to because you know that despite their relationship, she's still his mother." Umupo siya tabi ko at tinanaw niya rin ang mag-ina. "I just hope that this day helped them in some way. But the problem with people..."

Napabuntong-hininga ako. I understand what he meant to say. "I know. I'm sure Magnus is aware too. She might be in her best behavior now, but we don't know how long that will last. If she doesn't make an effort, nothing will happen."

"How about your husband?"

"Ang alam ko dati nagpapadala siya ng message sa ina niya from time to time. She never responded, though. Unless she needs something. And it's not just after Magnus' father died. She might not be as absent as before, but she wasn't exactly a present mother in Magnus' life even back then."

It's not really a favorite topic of Magnus, but sometimes he'll say things that help me see the big picture of the nature of his relationship with his mother.

"No matter what the outcome, it doesn't matter." Kuya Thorn stood up, and he lightly tapped my forehead with the newspaper he was holding. "He has a new family now."

I hope that it stays that way even when I'm no longer here. "Ayie! So tanggap na tanggap mo na si Magnus niyan Kuya kahit na dati mo siyang karibal sa puso ni Lucienne?"

Muli niyang pinalo sa noo ko ang diyaryo pero sa pagkakataon na ito ay mas malakas na iyon. Inagaw ko sa kaniya iyon para wala na siyang maipanghampas sa akin. "He wasn't my competition. He was never in the game in the first place." My eyes widened in disbelief before I burst out laughing. Tatawa-tawang napailing lang siya. "Hahanapin ko muna ang asawa ko. Gusto niya raw magpa-autograph sa chef. Baka pinapasakit na no'n ang ulo ng mga tao sa kusina."

Nangingiting sinundan ko na lang siya ng tingin. Kahit hindi kasama ang mga bulilit ngayon ay parang hindi siya nawawalan ng babantayan. Sabagay, mas madali pang sawayin sina Cookie at IC kesa sa nanay nila.

I glance in Magnus' direction, and it looks like they're still busy talking. I could go to the private villa that was assigned for me and Magnus, but I'd rather be close when he needs me. Mamaya kasi ay pasamain ng nanay niya ang mood niya ng tuluyan. Mabuti ng nasa malapit ako tutal ay portable clown naman ang role ko for today.