Chapter 4

I run over to Fin and hug him. He knows about everything too; dad told him whilst mum told me. Mum has just ran off screaming and dad ran after her. It's a good job that mum and dad trained us just in case something like this did happen. We both know how to shoot with a bow, throw with a knife, set traps. We know how to camouflage, we know how to swim and we know what plants we can and can't eat. We also know how to heal things. Just then the phone rings. I pick It up and answer.  (Later realising that this may not have been the smartest thing to do).

"Hello"

"Hello I'm looking for Katniss Everdeen" the strange voice replies 

"There's no Katniss Everdeen here, just a Katniss Mellark. She got married" I tell him in return. "Okay well who is this?" The strange man asks. "I'm Rose, Katniss' daughter, and who are you?" I ask. "Look Rose you and your family are in danger, I'm an old friend of your mothers, I'll be there in a few days. Where is your mother anyways. And who's your father?" 

"My mum ran outside screaming after she heard the news of the hunger games. And my dad's called Peeta Mellark. Look I'm going to have to go my brother is crying I'll tell my mum that you called. Wait what's your name?"  

"My name is Gale, goodbye Rose. Don't phone back, I'll be there soon." And that was it the phone went dead. He started to sound angry after I told him about my dad. Wait his name is Gale. He's the person who moved to district 2. What does he mean my family is in danger? Where is mum and dad? What if dad tried to hurt her again and we're not there to stop him? "Come on Fin, we need to find mum and dad" I lift him up onto my back and carry him outside. Mum and dad are sat on the steps outside our home. They are talking.  

"Peeta this is her way of revenge, she will have Rose and Fin picked as tributes, one of them will die. Or both of them" I hear her say between sobs. "Hey Katniss, look at me" father whispered, mother slowly moved her head to face dad, he cupped her cheek with his hand. "We have trained them. If they are chosen we can do something, we did before." " Yes but Peeta this time it's different. They have more powerful weapons then they did last time, plus there is no district 13 to go to again. They destroyed it, because they thought they didn't need it anymore. They all live in the districts now. And our populations are smaller then before. One bomb and were all dead" it's silent now even dad doesn't have words. I can't believe it they are accepting out deaths before we have even been chosen! Me and Fin sit down next to them, it's silent. Awkwardly silent. That when I spit out "mum dad, Gale is coming".