Chapter 6

It's been 2 months. It's now June. Tomorrow the hunger games returns. Gale is still with us. My mum is still panicking about everything. And dad, well he is worse, with his condition. He goes mad more often. I guess the news has sparked bad memories for him. I can here voices from downstairs, but it's a strange voice, but yet familiar. It's the new president. I can just make out what they are saying. Suddenly gale bursts into my room.

"Hey rose , do you know a good hiding place? She can't know I'm here"

"Yeh, just follow." I walk over to the empty wall in my room. Move my desk so I can press a big button. The wall opens and shows a small room. "In here" I tell him. Without hesitation he goes inside. The woman is here for almost the whole day. I got so bored in my room, I told gale I was going out. I grab my coat and bag, and head towards the meadow. Once I reach the meadow, my feet take me somewhere els. The woods. Iv shot a few animals like birds, but that was with my mum. She showed me a place where to hide my own bow. And a place to hid my arrows. Iv got nothing better to do. Might as well get in more practise. By the time iv finished shooting iv shot down 2 rabbits and 5 birds. I might learn how to make a bow, iv been shown before, but never made one myself. And I'm pretty pleased with the final result. If I went into the arena, and had the resources to make a bow. I'd be fine. Hmm how about throwing knifes. I'm pretty good with a bow and arrow, and pretty good with a knife. What I am good at though, is a bow and knife. My own invention. It gives you accurate throws, and has a bigger blade. This is a death machine. I spend the next hour working with that. Once I'm done iv still got time to spare. Might as well test my knowledge with plants and berries. I stuff all of my findings into my bag and decide to go to the pond. My brother is a genius with a spear. But he has a twist, he uses a bow like me. But instead of arrows, he uses spears. Pretty good for a 12 year old. It's starting to get dark, I should head back. Luckily by the time I'm home, the woman is gone. Oh yeh gale is in my room, might as well tell him to come down. I don't think he was happy about being in there all day.

"What's in the bag rose?" He asks

"Tonight's tea" I say in return. To make sure he believes me I put the contents of the bag on the floor.

"Your so like your mother" he says and we both laugh.