Chapter 9

The train journey is over. And I'm in some sort of room with 2 weird people plucking me like a bird. But I don't feel the pain. I'm too numb. My mother is dead. I watched them shoot her dead. My mum. The one who started the revolution, the one who got two people to win, the one who escaped the arena. The one who got separated from her love. Who then tried to hurt her. The one who stood up to the Capitol, the one who watched her sister burn alive. The one who brought up 2 children. The one who watched us play on a graveyard. The one who I watched die. The words run through my head, of the song she sand to us.

Deep in the meadow, under the willow, a bed of grass, a soft green pillow.

"Why are you crying"? One of the weird people ask. That's when it all comes out. About mum being shot. Dad trying to save her. Gale shouting at peacekeepers then collapsing with tears. Fin screaming trying to run. Then us being pushed onto the train. Once I'm done explaining my stylist comes In. He dismisses the people who I find out are called my prep team. "Hello rose, I'm sorry to hear about your mother, my name is Kia. I'm your stylist, acutely my mum and dad worked with your patients, cinna and porta." He explains that him and his sister are twins. His sister is fins stylist. The year before my parents were in the hunger games . They were born. Cinna and porta wanted to keep their relationship quiet in case it ruined. So my parents stylist dated and had children and now we have there children as our stylists. Oh why did the games have to come back?