Chapter 14

Chapter 14
Claire's POV

It was currently 9:30 in the morning. I had already trained and had breakfast.

Nat- I'll meet you on the jet in 10 minutes if that's ok? - 0930

Claire- I will be there in about 5. -0930

Nat- wasn't seeing me at training enough? You now have to race down here to see me again haha. - 0931

I liked this side of Nat, she was starting to get more comfortable around me. She made jokes, inserted sarcasm into every conversation we had and the flirting was increasing. I hoped her flirting meant she felt similar about me as I did about her.

Claire- we all know you are the one missing me. - 0932

Nat- I suppose you'll never know. -0933

Claire- I'll figure out a way to get it out of you one day. -0934

Nat- I would like to see you try Claire. You said you would be five minutes. It's been six. -0936

I was walking through the hanger and up to the jet where Nat was waiting for me.

"I didn't know you would be so upset with me being a minute late. I did say it was you who missed me" I teased.

Nat turned around with a smirk on her face. "You know you're going to be stuck in a hotel room with me for a few days soon right?"
"Oh I know, I don't know how I'll survive though. You're quite Insufferable" I laughed.
Nat laughed at what I said.
"Is that so? It seems to me you like my company at 2 in the morning".
"I work with what I've got". I replied.
Nat shook her head and smiled.
"What am I suppose to do with you for the next couple of days" Nat said we both sat down.
"I mean I could think of a few things" I said looking forward not wanting to make eye contact with Nat or I would lose all this confidence.
"Care to elaborate?" Nat requested.
"I'll leave that up to you to interpret" I said back.
"Claire look at me".
I turned to face Nat.
"I don't know where this Claire came from but I like her" Nat smirked As she licked her lips. 

I acted all confident but really I was a nervous wreck around her.
"Let's go Romanoff" I said moving in my seat to get comfortable.
"Scared I'll decide to leave you behind?" She smirked.
"Like I said you would miss me" I answered.
"Nervous Claire is cute, but confident Claire...." Nat said not finishing what she thought.
"Confident Claire?" I asked wanting to know what she was going to say.
Nat turned her head towards me and smirked. "I'll leave that up to you to interpret".
I rolled your eyes.

She has to feel the same way right?

The jet we arrived in was on autopilot back to the compound. Nat pulled up at the front of the hotel in the car that had been waiting for us at the landing site. As Nat checked us both in to the room under our fake names I took in the beauty of the hotel.

Nat walked over to me once she was finished and we both headed to the lift. I walked in to the room behind Nat. I didn't have many expectations but the one thing I had most certainly expected was two beds. Sitting in the large lavish room was of course one bed. Just one bed.

"I'll take the couch you have the bed" I announced.

Nat didn't argue and placed her bags on the bed. Lucky we were only meant to be here for a few nights. I hoped it wouldn't take long because that couch did not look comfortable. We ate dinner together in the hotel restaurant whilst watching the target. 
Nat had been focused on the target the first half of dinner but was now looking at me like I was the only person in the room.
I was having such a great time talking with Nat that I had actually forgotten that this was a mission.

Once we returned to the room and got ready for the night I jumped into bed. Well the couch. And just as I had suspected it wasn't one bit comfortable at all.

"Good night Claire" Nat said from the bed.
"Night Nat" I said back in the darkness.

It was going to be a long night.

I woke up with a groan. Nat was pulling back the thick blockout blinds allowing the bright sun to shine through the large windows. I stretched out and rubbed my eyes. Last night I hardly slept. Which was normal. But I was normally much more comfortable in my own bed. That couch was rock hard.

For such an expensive hotel you think they would have a nice comfortable couch.

Nat walked past again.
"About time you woke up sleepy head" Nat said as she moved around the room. "I'm going for a run around the park across the road, would you like to join me?".
I sat up and yawned.
"Wake up Claire" Nat laughed.
"I'm awake, I just didn't sleep at all last night" I answered.
"So what about that run?"
"Of course I'll come just give me a couple of minutes to get ready".

We did a few laps of the park. Everything was so green and pretty. There was a light dew covering everything from the cooler temperatures at night. The breeze rustled my hair slightly as I ran along next to Nat.

We both stopped at the edge of the park next to small pond that was surrendered by large drooping willow trees. While I appreciated the view in front of me, I noticed Nat looking at me..

We found a table to sit at under one of trees to eat the breakfast Nat had gone and grabbed from the cafe near the park. The wind Blew some stands of hair across my face. My eyes widened for a second as Nat reached over the table and slowly tucked my hair back. Her hand brushed the side of my face as she moved back to her seat. My cheeks felt like they were on fire, the slightest touch from her and I was no longer feeling the cool morning air.
"Why didn't you sleep last night?" Nat asked Breaking the silence.
I didn't want her to feel bad about having the bed.
"Maybe because it was a new environment, I'm not sure" I answered quickly.
"Did you sleep ok?" I questioned.
"I slept well but I woke up pretty early and just read my book while I waited for you to wake up. Sorry if I knew you hadn't slept well I would have let you sleep longer" said Nat.
"That's ok, we needed to get up anyway". I looked at Nat again, she was looking out over the water. The sun lit up behind her red hair making it shine ever brighter.
"I didn't know you liked reading" I said.
"I do, but I don't read as much as I would like to"
"You're always welcome to come and sit by the lake with me and read if you would like" I suggested.
"I might take you up on that offer". Nat smiled back.

We were both now back in the hotel room watching the security cameras on the laptop watching the target. Like yesterday the person we were here to watch and gain access to their room, was in his hotel room until around dinner time. If he followed the same pattern as yesterday he would leave to go to the bar downstairs at 5 and then make his way to the restaurant at 6:30 returning to his room at 8. If he did this again, the plan was to break into his room tomorrow evening to get the information we needed.

After making sure all the cameras were set up like we wanted I placed an alert for facial recognition of the target. This would send a notification to my phone so I didn't have to sit there staring at a computer all day. Now we just had to entertain ourselves until this evening.