chapter 8

Zenitsu opens his eyes and looks at the time . It was already 3:40 am . He remembered the events of last night. after killing the monster both of them had fainted on the building roof .

He looked around to find tanjiro lying on a corner.  He found tanjiro cuts in his  hands . He brought out his special healing kit and applied it on Tanjiro's hand .
Tanjiro slowly opened his eyes as he saw the golden fox bandaging him.

He stayed calm . He felt weird familiarity with the aura of the mysterious boy .

After he bandaged tanjiros hand zenitsu was about to go away when tanjiro held him . He asked "who are you? Have we met before in our normal lives ?"

Z (in robotic voice)- " I don't think so we have ever met in our normal lives . We demon slayers are comrades during work . Besides in our normal lives we are just strangers "

Zenitsu vanished. Tanjiro sighed and went back to his house

The next day at school

Tanjiro in his mind -' that aura was too familiar at same time it was very strange. Ugh were have we met before ?'

Zenitsu -" hi tanjiro what were you thinking?"
Tanjiro - " oh it's nothing zenitsu. We should go to the next class."
Z -" well okay . We have physics next .....
..oh hell no it's that obanai's class. I am doomed"

T- " you don't need to worry about it zenitsu, nothing will happen to you "

Z (loudly) -" what nothing?!? That sadist snake charmer always picks on me in entire class , you goodie goodie forehead!!"

Tanjiro held zenitsus hand
T- " I will protect you i will never allow anyone to bully you "

Zenitsu felt his face heat up due to the sudden closeness.
Z - " okay okay , we should just get going"

The class bell rings as the door slams open with a short height person entering
He was wearing a tucked in full buttoned shirt with black and white straps . He had a cage with him which had a snake in it . He was wearing a mask . Everyone got silent

He kept the cage on the corner table
" Good for nothing students , let's start with today's physics class . Don't annoy me and listen carefully I am not going to explain it again"

Zenitsu was sweating with fear. He was very good at other subjects except physics and part of it was also due to his fear for obanai sensei he couldn't really focus the subject

Obanai - " agatsuma, come here and answer the question."

Zenitsu could feel the stare of the sadist snake charmer on him
Zenitsu was about to go towards the white board when tanjiro passed a small paper slip into zenitsus hand .

Zenitsu started writing on the board as he took a look at the small slip . It had the formula and the answer . Zenitsu smiled a little

After 3 minutes he solved the question and gave the pen to obanai with a proud little smirk on his face .

Obanai was unfazed. He told the students to copy it from board and then moved on to give the next question

After the class .

Zenitsu jumped on tanjiro and hugged him . Tanjiro blushed heavily but hugged back .
Zenitsu -" you saved me this time . Thank you so much or that snake charmer would have made me stand outside and could have also humiliated and scolded me "

Tanjiro - " oh its nothing. But you can't always get away like that  . I am good in this subject. I can tutor you after school everyday "

Zenitsu -" really? Thank you so much . "

Tanjiro - " well then . The next 2 periods we have different classes . So meet me at the school gate after school today . "