Chapter 26

Huge thanks to NoDajModa, SolarGecko, Agamak, Elijah, and Matty for buying my Patreon! It really means a lot to me! anyways, onto the story!
___________________________________________
[3rd Pov] [Location - Watchtower]

Walking into the meeting room, Gwen was met with the entire Justice League. Even the magic users, and ones that were mostly off world, like the Green Lanterns.

'Well...shit' Gwen thought, realizing that this was seemingly a lot more serious than she was initially expecting. The fact that there was so many people here, meant that the League was taking it seriously. How they even got together so quickly, Gwen decided not to even bother questioning.

"So...I'm gonna assume I'm in trouble?" Gwen said awkwardly, as she stood while her father walked to sit in his seat.

"You are not in any trouble, Gwen" Black Canary softly said, trying to calm Gwen's worries. Gwen looked to her with a raised eyebrow.

"Really? Then why is half the League all but glaring at me?" Gwen asked, noticing some specific people were looking at her with frowns on their faces.

"What you did was not only incredibly irresponsible, but it was dangerous, and has deprived the world of Doctor Fate, a hero that is necessary to combat the Lords of Chaos" Superman said, giving her a serious look.

"Uh, but I didn't debrive the world of him?" Gwen said, confused. "Wait, do you think I destroyed the helmet or something?" Gwen continued, realizing that they thought she did something a lot worse than she actually did.

"Didn't you? The Helmet is nowhere to be seen, Kent Nelson is now dead, and Klarion has escaped. If that's not suspicious, I don't know what is" Captain Atom said with a scoff.

"Kent Nelson died because I could not stop Klarion's magical attacks. Klarion escaped because he was fleeing me, not because I let him get away" Gwen said with a scowl slowly forming on her face.

"Then where is the Helmet, Gwen? That is what the League is so worried about" Diana said, trying to mediate the growing tense atmosphere.

"You didn't tell them?" Gwen said, looking to her father, who shook his head.

"I found out too late to tell them of it. Had I known, this meeting would have been a lot easier, and without the pointless arguing" Brucec said with a sigh, knowing that Gwen hadn't done anything wrong, it was just the more skeptical League members that were causing the problem.

"Didn't tell us what?" Green Arrow asked, interested in what the two were talking about. Gwen looked to him, before sighing as she reached down and pulled her necklace free from underneath her shirt.

Several eyes widened at the sight, noticing the Helmet of Fate attached to a chain around her neck, in the form of a necklace.

"Is that?" Hal Jordan muttered in shock.

In response, Gwen just grinned before forming a golden ankh behind her. The League's eyes widened further, with Zatara reacting more than others, as he got to his feet in shock.

"You...have you?" Zatara asked, struggling to get his words out.

Gwen smirked, as the Helmet glowed upon her chest. Her voice soon rumbled out, with Nabu repeating her words. "You are looking at the newest Doctor Fate. I do hope you won't continue to doubt me, Captain Atom" Gwen said, before the glow on her chest ceased.

"But how? I thought you'd be possessed? And the Helmet is...you know, a helmet, that's just a necklace with a small helmet ornament on it" Captain Marvel/Shazam said, not understanding how that was possible. He may be the youngest person in the room, but he was still knowledgeable on this stuff.