Don't touch her

A couple of the Arsenal girls went out to some clubs after their game in Australia. Everyone would be departing for international break and wouldn't see each other every day anymore now that the season was over. They wanted to let loose and have some fun. Katie may or may not have taken that a little too seriously as she didn't say no a single drink offered to her all night. And now she was a little bit more than drunk sitting next to Caitlin laughing at anything and everything. Caitlin laughed at her and said she was going up to get them more drinks. Little did Katie know she was getting a sparkling water even though she was told it would be a vodka soda. Caitlin knew by this point Katie would have no idea. "I'll be right back with your drink" Caitlin had said giving her a forehead kiss.
Teyah and Vic were sat near her when Caitlin got up to order drinks, but as she was standing in line she saw Katie wave them off to go enjoy the dance floor. She was worried for a second seeing Katie sitting there alone but then saw her start singing to herself and swaying, off beat, to the music. Caitlin giggled as she ordered Katie's water and herself a cocktail and then handed her card over to pay.
Caitlin kept her eyes on Katie but her smile quickly faded as she saw two girls, who she didn't know, sit down on either side of Katie. With the alcohol affecting her, katie didn't realize how close they were sitting to her and Caitlin could see her look to them both and say "hi I'm katie" none the wiser to thinking that they just wanted to be friends. Caitlin took a quick glance back to the bartender wondering where her card and drink was because every second felt like an eternity watching these two girls on either side of katie.
It wasn't until one of them put their hand on Katie's thigh did she realize they were too close to her. She whispered something, that Caitlin assumed was a "nice to meet you got to go" and tried to abruptly stand up. But she had been sitting a while and the alcohol hit her as she wobbled slightly in the process of trying to get away. The other girl took her hand and sat her back down on top of her lap. Katie immediately did her best to slide off and back into her seat in the middle as she tried to get an ounce of soberness back so she could get out of this situation.
When Caitlin saw the girl pull katie onto her lap she thought her head was going to explode. "Fuck this" she said allowed and ran off without her card or drink in hand. She'd rather her credit card get stolen at this point then watch these two girls touch katie one more time.
As she got closer she saw that katie had her hands together and was trying to be as small as possible to avoid touching either girl who kept creeping closer.
"Hey katie I'm back, did you make some friends?" Caitlin said with only a sarcastic and protective tone.
But before katie could answer, one of the other girls spoke up first. "Yeah we were just getting acquainted with our new bestie isn't that right?" She said while touching her shoulder to which Katie visibly cringed.
"Alright that's enough" Caitlin said reaching her hands out to Katie who immediately took hold as Caitlin pulled her up. The second girl again went to grab Katie's arm, oh come on why don't you both hang around I'm sure we could have some fun." But Cait ripped Katie's hand away and turned towards the two girls.
"If either of you touch her one more time I swear to god youll regret it." She didn't give them a chance to answer as she swept Katie into her side and led her to the bar. Grabbing her credit card, but leaving the drinks, and headed for the door. She took a glance towards the dancefloor and saw Teyah and Vic dancing with strangers. They could find their way home. Her priority was Katie right now. The cool air hit Katie as they walked outside and walking at a fast paced helped sober her up enough to start speaking again.
"I'm sorry" she whispered quietly
"For what? You have nothing to be sorry about. I shouldn't have left you alone."
"I tried to get away. Got dizzy" she murmured out.
"I know baby I'm sorry you were put in that position. Are you okay?"
"Yeah thanks for saving me. My knight in shining armor" Katie said jokingly, which helped lighten the mood. Caitlin gave her a squeeze in return.
They turned the corner and were near their hotel when Caitlin spotted a food stand and quickly bought Katie a late night snack and water. The food and water helped get her to a tipsy level instead of drunk. Caitlin could see the life returning to her eyes. But then reality hit. Caitlin would be staying in Australia. Katie going back without her for international games. Katie must have realized it too as she took Caitlin's hand as they continued the walk to the hotel.
"I'm going to miss you so much."
"Not as much as I'll miss you I can guarantee it."
"I'd like to show you how much I'll miss you if you're up for it" Katie said with a sparkle in her eyes.
"You've had a long night Kates maybe we should just go to bed."
"I promise I'm okay now Cait. You've sobered me up. You protected me earlier. Now I'm going to make you feel good."
Caitlin had a hard time saying no to this as Katie's hand snakes around the side of her hips in the elevator.
Caitlin nodded in agreement and that was all it took before Katie took her hand and forced her to run down the hallway toward her room. So much for not sharing hotel rooms on team trips....
Caitlin just hoped the people at the club got home late and the people in their room were already asleep because if the look Katie gave her earlier was any indication of what was about to happen, Caitlin would have a hard time staying quiet tonight.