Chapter 11

It was afternoon when Kai saw that both the king and queen were in the palace. He called Aena to his room, explained everything again, and then headed towards the queen's room.

He knocked on the door, and after receiving permission from the queen, he entered the room. The queen was happy to see Kai, "My son in my room today? There must be something you want to talk about." Kai smiled softly and nodded. He saw that the king was busy with his work on laptop. He went closer to the king, "Uncle, I need to talk to you, actually to both of you. Can you spare some time for me?" The king closed his laptop and gave Kai his attention. The queen started the conversation, "Tell us, son, what do you want to talk about? There's no need for you to be nervous. We are like your parents."

Kai held the queen's hand in his, "You both are not just like parents to Aena and me, you are our parents. Even though we call you aunt and uncle, you are our true parents." the king and queen became emotional.

"I've gathered a lot of courage to talk to you about this. Please don't disappoint me"

"We will never disappoint you, son. You are our child. We have never differentiated between you and Taehyung,"  king stated. Hearing this, Kai felt very happy.

In the meantime, Aena also arrived and hugged the queen before sitting down.

"I have liked Taehyung since childhood, but I've never let him know about my feelings. I wanted us to have a pure relationship. I didn't want Taehyung to feel awkward knowing my feelings from such a young age. I wanted to discuss this with you first. We all know that children nowadays make their decisions first and inform their parents later, but I didn't want to do that. I am just expressing my wish. I need your permission; only after getting your approval I will tell Taehyung about my feelings," Kai revealed his feelings.

"Son, you are a wonderful person. I have always wanted you to become my son-in-law. You come from a good family and would be an excellent partner for our Taehyung. I have always accepted you, so I am happy to have you as my son-in-law." The queen accepted Kai without considering her son's feelings.

During this conversation, the king remained silent. Kai understood that the king did not accept him wholeheartedly and had something on his mind.  "and what about you uncle?"

The king knew that Taehyung liked Jungkook. He was aware that Taehyung considered Jungkook more than just a friend, which is why he stayed silent. But he had to give Kai an answer, "Well, son, if Taehyung accepts you, I have no objections. If you are what Taehyung wants, I have no problem accepting you." Hearing this response, Kai felt angry but managed to control his emotions.

Aena, too, expressed her thoughts, "Since we are discussing our preferences, I also have someone I like. Will you give me a chance to express my wish?"

Getting king and queen's approval, Aena continued, "I like Jungkook from the servants' quarters, I mean, Taehyung's friend Jeon Jungkook. Please support my wish as well."

The queen patted her on the back and agreed to talk to Jungkook, while the king was astonished. He felt something was amiss but chose to remain silent.

The king and queen decided to discuss this matter with Taehyung over dinner that night.

....
Taehyung was working in his office room when the maid knocked on the door and came in. She conveyed a message sent by Kai and left, "Prince, Mr Han (kai) said he can't come to work today; he has something important to attend to."

Taehyung became very happy at the thought of spending some quality time with his bun. He looked at Jungkook. Jungkook, who was his PA, was sitting at the side table. Seeing Taehyung, he lowered his gaze. Taehyung closed his laptop and file, capped his pen, and called Jungkook over. Jungkook got up from his chair and went to Taehyung, who then made him sit on his lap. Jungkook rested his head on Taehyung's chest, listening to his heartbeat, while Taehyung got busy stroking Jungkook's silky hair.