Chapter 5 That Summer

There were six people in total, both male and female, and they all looked like high school students.

They greeted Yu Yue.

A girl blushed and said to Yu Yue: "You look more like your mother. You are very beautiful."

Before Yu Yue could react, the other boys started to make noises, "Oh my, are you moved? Do you like it?"

The girl's face turned even redder. She glared at the boys and then whispered to Yu Yue, "My name is Zhang Xiaoxiao."

Others started to make even louder noises.

That afternoon, Shan Hang took Yu Yue and his classmates to the game city and played games for the whole afternoon.

Yu Yue actually didn't like playing games, and the strong smell of cigarettes in the game city made him feel uncomfortable. But seeing that others were having so much fun, he didn't say anything to spoil the fun, and finally managed to find fun in a driving game.

We played until half past six.

Shan Hang looked at the time and said it was time to go eat.

Several people started discussing what to eat.

Yu Yue fell behind, and Zhang Xiaoxiao deliberately slowed down his pace, looking at him with inquiring eyes.

When Yu Yue noticed Zhang Xiaoxiao's gaze, Zhang Xiaoxiao said, "Don't you like playing games?"

Yu Yue didn't say anything, and Shan Hang in front of him said, "Okay! Let's have barbecue! It's happily decided!"

Then, Shan Hang turned around and grabbed Yu Yue's wrist, "Let our young master have a taste of barbecue. This young master has only eaten lobster before."

A burst of laughter rang out.

Yu Yue didn't know what this smile meant, but when he saw them laughing, he laughed too.

At half past six, the barbecue restaurant's business had already started to pick up. The unique aroma of barbecue could be smelled from a distance away, but it was a food stall and Yu Yue had never been to one before.

After a few people sat down, Yu Yue looked at the greasy stains on the table, the open-air venue without air conditioning, and the ugly red sign. He scratched the side of his cheek lightly with his fingers, and when someone asked him what he wanted to drink, he glanced at the greasy menu, took out a tissue to wipe it, and was laughed at again.

Yu Yue glanced at the menu and finally said, "Let's drink soy milk."

The group of people laughed again and said, "If you're a man, drink beer! You can't be the young master who has never had a beer before."

As he spoke, one of the boys raised his hand and waved vigorously, "Waiter! Take your order!"

Yu Yue took a look at the dishes on the barbecue menu.

It seemed that there was no food he liked to eat very much, and when he was very young, Yu Jingnian and Jiang Qian taught him not to eat at roadside stalls, not to eat at food stalls, and not to eat barbecue, as barbecue was bad for the body.

Yu Yue thought, why not just eat some toasted buns and potatoes? As for the meat... he was afraid they wouldn't handle it properly.

After the boy waved his hand, a waiter came over.

Yu Yue put down the menu and felt his hands were still greasy.

The boy immediately said to the waiter, "Eight bottles of beer first."

Zhang Xiaoxiao asked, "Eight bottles? Didn't Yu Yue say he didn't drink?"

The boy said: "I told you that if you are a man you have to drink..."

Before he finished speaking, Yu Yue heard a voice saying, "Minors are prohibited from drinking."

The voice was cold, faint, and almost without any ups and downs. It was not loud, but it entered Yu Yue's ears very clearly, like the feeling of listening to heavenly music and temporarily clearing his ears.

And this voice came from the waiter next to Yu Yue...

Yu Yue slowly raised his head, looking from the waiter's black apron up to his black T-shirt, and continued up, sweeping across his fair neck, until he reached a clean face.

At first glance, that face could be called a beauty, with a feeling of the Hong Kong style of the 1980s. He had deep eyes and a high nose, and looked young and immature, but it was hard to hide his handsomeness. A ray of street light shone on this face, and Yu Yue thought for a moment that he was watching a movie, watching his father, Yu Jingnian, an actor in the movie.

The waiter looked only about 10 years old, with long hair tied up at the back of his head. He held a pen and a list in his hand, with distinct joints holding the pencil. His skin was cold and pale, forming a sharp contrast with the black T-shirt. But all this was just icing on the cake. What attracted Yu Yue the most was the inconspicuous blue veins on the waiter's neck when he lowered his head.

The boy who wanted to drink beer stuttered, "I, we are adults..."

When the waiter said "Minors are not allowed to drink", he lowered his eyes and looked at the order in his hand.

Hearing the boy say this, the waiter finally raised his eyes.

He had a pair of dark and narrow eyes, which contained unmeltable ice. Even in the steaming hot summer, the ice seemed to be able to freeze people.

He asked the boy calmly, "Do you want me to go find your class teacher after school starts?" He paused for a moment, "Zhou Yuan from Class 2-3 of Senior High School is your class teacher, right?"