||33||

•Chapter Thirty-Three•
Batter, batter, swing...
(ASGARDIAN PALACE)
REWRITTEN

THIRD PERSON'S P.O.V

Loki stormed down the Rainbow Bridge, ignoring the calls from his brother behind him.  And the guards behind Thor.  He had shifted into his battle armor, his fingers inching to grab one of the daggers concealed at his waist. 

He was a raging maelstrom and no one was going to stop him. 

Heimdal stood between Loki and the Bifrost—hands resting on the pommel of his sword.

Loki's hand shot towards his waist but Heimdal spoke.

"You seek your sister?"

Loki's hand fell to his side, weighing the Guardian's words.  "Yes."

Heimdal nodded, "then come with me."

The GateKeeper turn on his heels, daring Loki to follow.  They entered the Bifrost, Heimdal carrying his sword to the pedestal in the center of the dome.  He slid the weapon into it's rightful spot, carefully turning the massive great sword.

The dome shook as the Bifrost came to life, colorful light filling the room.

"I do not know where she is being held, she is being warded," Heimdal explained, "but I will send you to the last place I saw her."

Loki nodded swiftly and stepped towards the portal.

"Do not think this gesture pardons you, the Allfather with think this a betrayal.  You find yourself in another cell."  Heimdal warned.

Loki's shoulders tensed and his voice softened, "if it means my sister is safe, I would spend eternity in a cage."

And then he stepped into the Bifrost.

~*~

LORIEN'S P.O.V

I held my breath as the creature stepped into the room.  I didn't even dare peeking around the corner.

Within seconds an enraged growl filled the corridor.

"WHERE IS SHE?!"

I swore the ground shook, I covered my mouth with my hand.

"Where is she, fire child?"  The creature hissed again.  Fire child?

I heard the strange woman laugh and then sneer, "like I would tell you anything."

The sharp clang of something—probably the creature's fist—hitting the bars of the woman's cell hit my ears.

"You will speak and you will choose your words carefully."  It demanded.

"Gone."

Seconds after the word left the woman's mouth, a cry of pain sounded.  I shakily peeked around the corner.

The creature's hand was surrounded by an aura of purple magic—magic that burned like fire.  The woman struggled against her chains, screaming.  The creature twisted it's hand and the woman let out an even more gut-welching scream.

It was going to kill her.

I couldn't let this happen.

***

I gripped the jagged piece of metal between my hands tightly.  It was about as long as my arm and just as thick.  I had no idea where it had come from, but a weapon was a weapon.

I bit my lip, before whipping around the corner. 

The creature's attention was solely on the woman, giving me the advantage.  I crept silently down the hallway.  Darcy spotted me within seconds, her eyes widening in fear and concern.  She was shaking her head and I could imagine her saying, 'don't!'

I breathed out slowly, tuning her pleading eyes out.  Adrenaline coursed through my veins as I closed the space between the creature and me.  I raised the piece of metal above my head.

And before the thing could turn, I swung it down on it's head.

A sickening crack reverberated through the room.  The creature swayed for a moment before crashing to the floor.  The woman's screaming ceased.

I let out a sigh of relief, dropping the metal to the floor.

The woman let out a gasp.

"Nice s-swing."  She coughed.  I glanced into her cell, faintly making her out through the darkness. 

She looked relatively tall and stick thin—I didn't want to think about how long she had gone without food.  Her narrow cheeks were caved in and her hazel eyes were dark.  Familiar, sharp pointed ears poked out from her greasy auburn hair.

"Are you okay?"  I asked softly as looked down the hall to see a set of rusted metal keys hanging by the dungeon door.

The woman groaned, "I feel as if I have been trampled by a bilgesnipe, does that sound okay to you?"

I ignored her sarcasm—I had my own to deal with—and grabbed the ring of keys.

"Thank you."  She murmured when I began to unlock her cell.  I unlocked her cuffs next and helped her to her feet.  "Any longer and I believe he might of killed me."

She looked down at me, "I owe you my life."

The words rang through my head—add that to the list of things I never expected fourteen year old me to be told.

"Well, we're not out yet.  I need to help Darcy."  I explained, stepping away from the woman once she had a hand on the wall.

"I'm Addea, by the way."  The woman mused as I approached Darcy's cell.  She had been silent for a while. 

I quickly unlocked her cell and stepped inside. Panic consumed me.

Darcy's head was limp against her shoulder, the gash on her arm from the Chitauri had ripped back open—blood trickled down her arm.  I rushed towards her.

"We have a problem."