||37||

•Chapter Thirty-Seven•
Loki's Fate
(Part One)
(UNKNOWN LOCATION)
REWRITTEN

We reappeared on the deck to some dilapidated mansion. Cold air hit me like a wall and it whipped through the thin Asgardian dress I wore. Addea and Darcy appeared beside us, Addea slumped over instantly after some how finding the strength to teleport herself. Something I didn't even realize she could do.

Jakob struggled to remain standing with both me, and the ice covering the deck, fighting against him. The screaming wind muffled me and he pulled me farther from the mansion.

Snow bellowed around us, swirling up into the sky like mini whirlwinds. I heard the sound of engines above us. Through the blinding white I could barely see the dark form of a quin-jet. The Avengers!

As it landed, the back hatch lowered. Within seconds, a red and gold figure shot down from sky beside it, hovering several feet above us.

Tony Stark. And one of his repulsers were armed right at Jakob.

"Let her go." His voice was dark and mechanical sounding from the suit's helmet. I knew that he would not hesitate to fire at Jakob.

"No, Tony!" I shouted, over the whipping wind. "Friends."

Tony's repulser died down as the front of his mask flipped up. His gaze was hard, it concerned. I took Jakob's moment of distraction and shoved out of his arms.

Jakob let out a strangled cry as I shot out of his reach. He started after me but I kept ahead—well, as far ahead as a fourteen year out girl wearing a dress in eight inches of snow could be

And I didn't make it far before a thundering boom rang through the air and a wall of hot air slammed into me.

I hit the ground hard. My skin burned against the snow and my ears rung. I moaned, trying to push myself up—pain shot through my wrist. Broken, or maybe sprained.

Someone called my name, but I couldn't tell who. It was muffled, my ears still ringing as I lifted my head.

My eyes widened in horror at what laid in front of me. Or, the lack of. The once massive cabin now standing with its entire right side gone and burning. Smoke twisted up out the skeleton frame of where the shingled roof and wood paneled siding once stood.

A sinking feeling filled my gut and my breath turned ragged as I forced myself to my feet.

Where was Loki? He was still in there. He, he—

Everyone was silent, the only sound was the crackling of the flames filling the shell of the mansion. I'm sure my face was as white as the snow surrounding me.

A choking like sound came out of my throat. Then I took a step.

"Lorien, don't you da—"

Thor didn't get to finish, or maybe I didn't hear him. I was busy running towards the mansion. The snow was thick but I had to make it. I had to get to my brother before someone pulled me back.

He was still a criminal in the Avengers' eyes after all. They came to save me, not my brother.

I made it to the porch. The door didn't budge when I pushed against it. Something was blocking it from the other side. I slammed my side against it again, and again. Someone was coming up behind me on the deck. Coming to pull me away.

My gaze was wild when I looked back. Back at Thor's baby blue eyes.

And that was the last thing I saw before I teleported myself to the other side of that door.