Chapter [26]

[Ashton Irwin]

I hoped my sweat wasn't noticeable when I walked in through the front door. However that should have been the least of my problems. My mouth felt so dry I just wanted to chug down my last beer if possible but Alana would find me somehow. I stumbled through the front door, swinging onto the knob before planting my feet closely together. I was embarrassed at how plastered I was just now. Alana might kill me.

"Laan." I yelled out then covered my mouth at the sound of my drunk voice. It was noticeable, she was  definitely going to kill me. Soon she came out of the bedroom. I tried acting as normal as I could but the swaying must have given it all away.

"Jesus Ash. . ." She cursed at my appearance and rushed over to me. "What is wrong with you? Why do you keep coming home like this?"

She was sincerely angry and for some reason I smirked. She grabbed a hold of me, wrapping her arm around my back and taking me into the bedroom to lie down. I plopped on accident taking her down with me. She yelped before crawling out from underneath me. As she stood my stomach dropped.

Her hair was up in a knot with curls sticking out everywhere in a giant mess. Her top was loose and sheer exposing her breasts to me clearly. I could only see her underwear since her shirt wasn't long enough.

"Now why are you all dressed up for me?" I tease tugging her back down onto the bed beside me.

She tried to pull away several times but failed, "Ugh Ashton you're drunk. . . again might I add."

"This is only twice in one week." I pout, but it wasn't worth it.

She finally shoved away and walked out of the room, slamming the door behind her. I sat in silence, listening to the TV and Alana crying in the other room for what felt like hours. When I was sober enough I left the bedroom and met her back in the living room. When I walked past the kitchen Alana immediately piped down, holding her breath from crying some more. As I turned around the arm of the couch her breath loosened and she started to cry again. Looking at her eyes water down like that made me feel like a complete ass for worrying her so much.

I rushed around the couch and sat down beside her while holding her shaking shoulders into my chest, "Babe I'm sorry. I'm sorry I did this to you again." I pleaded.

"What is it Ashton?" She spoke into my chest, clutching my t-shirt, "What makes you want to drink that far?" I shook my head at the question. I decided to stay quiet as she clammed down. Her head was against my chest until she shifted her bloodshot eyes up at me in confusion.

I sighed and held her tightly, "Earlier this month, I got a letter." I began but Alana pulls away. She cradles her knees in my lap and lays her hands on mine as she looks me deeply in the eyes. Tears still fell from her cheeks so I kept my right thumb on her face as she kept crying, "My father was released from jail on the first Lan. He's headed back to Sydney."

"Your Mum-"

"The authorities have got her secured on her property, but that doesn't mean a thing. My father is out and most definitely waiting for my mum." I decided to stop the details. Instead I drop my head onto Alana's shoulder as she kissed my hair, "I'm sorry Alana, I just didn't know how to handle it all." I spoke into her shirt before kissing her neck in assurance.

"You could have just told me and we would have handled this together." She whispered.

I looked up with her hand still knotted in my hair. I still smelt the beer on my skin and breath but Alana seemed over the whole drunk fiasco. She knelt her forehead to mine and smiled weakly. I pulled her closer into me and kissed the side of her nose as she smiled more. Her hands were holding onto the back of my head tightly.