Chapter 2

Eventually Stiles falls asleep and Lydia tries her best to stay awake until he does, dozing off soon after. When she wakes up, she realizes they moved around during the night because his head is resting on her right shoulder and he's breathing dangerously close to her neck and making her shiver, aside from their legs, which are completely tangled. Her right hand is still on his hair, slightly touching his neck, while her left hand is on top of his on her stomach.

And god she doesn't want to move, which is utterly and completely ridiculous, she thinks to herself, because this right now is the most intimate she has ever been with someone and it's happening with someone who's not only fast asleep and unaware of the situation but also someone who was just broken up with and still, she smiles. She dares to smile and if that makes her the most selfish person on Earth, so be it.

She moves a little, distancing herself from him just enough so that she can see him better, and it might be the best idea she's ever had because morning Stiles is gorgeous. His hair is all messy, he's pouting and his cheeks are a little rosy, his breathing steady. Even though she knows he's tired - the bags under his eyes don't lie - he looks peaceful, relaxed even. She feels the urge to touch him, caress his cheek or run her hand through his hair again, but she doesn't want to wake him up, so she huffs quietly, frustrated. And she's really trying to avoid looking at his lips for long because it's like they're calling her name so thank god, or Natalie really, for the knock on Lydia's door or she wouldn't be held responsible for her actions.

Like always, Natalie knocks on the door and enters right after. "Lydia, sweetheart, shouldn't you be up already?"

Lydia knows it's not her place to do it, that she has a boy who's sleeping on her bed and spent the night without her mother knowing about it, but she does it. She shushes her mom because what if she wakes him? He needs to sleep.

Natalie looks at them surprised at first, then curious. Stiles must be a heavy sleeper for he hasn't moved an inch but Lydia? Lydia is blushing hard when she mouths to her mom to give her a minute.

Nodding, Natalie closes the door behind her and heads to the kitchen. Lydia looks at the clock on her bedside table. 11:22am. They really must have been comfortable because Lydia rarely sleeps in. Stiles though, he still looks like he could use a few more hours so, ever so slowly, she gets away from his grip without waking him up and, grabbing her phone, she leaves her bedroom to meet her mom downstairs.