Chapter 10

Nu pulled up another arrow from the quiver that was sitting on the empty chair under the mango tree. He gets ready for another shot. He closes one eye to see his target, and when locked he releases the arrow and it hits the bulls-eye. 

He heard rustling from somewhere near behind him. 

“Who is there?” 

No one answered him but he saw enormous black wings behind a big bush. Nhu smiles. He is at it again. He thought to himself.

“You know that you are just so tall that I can probably see you even if you are hiding behind that tree.” 

Ash comes out with an annoyed look on his face. 

“It's no fun playing hide and seek with you.” Ash pulled one of the arrows from the Butt. 

Nhu giggles. “Of course, if we play that game you would always lose even if you are not playing with me and you know the reason why.” Nu tried to aim again and then took another shot. 

“Yeah, it's pretty obvious why.” Ash smiles when Nu hits the centre. “Why are you up so early? Aren't you supposed to have your beauty sleep at this hour?” 

“I could not sleep.” 

Ash was about to talk but Nu beat him again. “Not because I am nervous. I just can't sleep.” Nu decided to stop his practice. 

“Okay. I won't ask further.” Ash pretended to zip his mouth. 

Nu shakes his head and gathers his things. They heard another rustle from the forest. They both look at Elowen. 

“Are you trying to play hide and seek too?” Ash asked him. 

“I am not a kid like you.” Elowen rolled his eyes at him. 

“Ohhh…why are you always so grumpy.” Ash grabs the quiver and bows from Nu. 

“Just mind your own business.” Elowen takes a small packet from his bag. “Here.” He handed it to Nu. 

“What's this?” Nu ask.

“You request,” Elowen stated.

Nu chewed his lips trying to think what he requested. 

Elowen shakes his head. “The calming tea Nu.”

Nu's mouth formed into an ‘O’. 

“Didn't know that you are now that forgetful?” Ash asks as they walk back inside the cottage. 

“I just have a lot of things in mind, that's all.” Nu reasoned out. 

“I am hoping that doesn't include you overthinking things.” Elowen put his arms over Nu's shoulder. 

“That is what I am doing right now.” Nu smiles guiltily at them. 

“If you do. I think I might know what could relax you out.” Ash smiled mischievously. 

“What?” Nu asks shortly and does not reciprocate any of Ash's excitement because he knows where their conversation is leading. Ash can be persistent in things that he wants.

“Why don't you grant my wish today?” Ash could not hide his excitement. 

Nu sighs. “Fine! I'll do it but only if you both help me prepare the food.” 

“Hey, why am I included?” Elowen protested. 

“That is because you will be eating too. Now if you would be so kind, grab some tomatoes for me.” Nhu smiles. 

Elowen sighs and goes off to the vegetable garden. 

💘💘💘

“Are you sure that you would like a coffee and not tea?” Nu heats the water. He knows that Ash will be bothering him to cook for him. That's the reason why he was in the kitchen for the whole night before he decided to come out to practice.