Chapter 1

'And as for Margaret? She was never seen again...' Frank read, and shivered.

"Frank!" His mother called from the living room. Frank shrieked and shot up from his bed. After he caught his breath he weekly replied.

"Y-yeah?"

"Are you still reading those ridiculous stories?" Ms. Iero asked.

"Noo..." Frank mumbled. "But they aren't ridiculous! They actually happened!"

"Whatever," she muttered. "Just come and put this lamp outside for the trash."

"Right now? But it's dark out!" He cried.

"Honestly Frank, we live in the middle of town. No murderer is going to come to our house. He'll probably hit up a neighborhood like the one your father lives in. Hopefully."

"Fine, fine. I'll do it. But if it ends up broken because I threw it at a squirrel it's not my fault." Frank sniffed and pranced into the living room. He grabbed the blue lamp out of his mother's hands and walked to the front door.

"I'm going to bed."  Ms. Iero yawned and Frank nodded.

"Okay mom, love you."

"Uh huh. Night." She said. and retreated into her room, where she shut of the light and went to bed.

Frank walked outside into the cold night air. He looked up at a star twinkling down at him. Or maybe it was a plane. He could never quite tell. Pulling his cardigan tighter around him, he turned down the alley where his trashcan was.

Frank was about to place the lamp down beside the blue can when he noticed a figure standing at the back of the alley.

"Um... hello?" He squeaked. 'How stupid am I? That's what all the victims say before they're brutally murdered!' He thought.

The figure laughed menacingly and stepped out of the shadows. The first thing Frank noticed was the liquid splattered on the front of this person's dark gray t-shirt and leather jacket. The second thing he noticed was the crimson covered knife the man was holding. And then he realized that the liquid on his shirt was blood.

Frank screeched and reflexively threw whatever object he was holding, which just happened to be the lamp. It hit the man square in the chest before falling on the ground and shattering.

"What the fuck? Did you just throw a lamp at me?!" He yelled, stumbling back.

"Uh-uh... yeah?" Frank replied meekly.

"You won't get away with that." The man growled.

"Nope, probably not." Frank squeaked.

"Well then, sleep tight..." The killer said with a smile before advancing on Frank. He grabbed Frank's shirt and roughly threw him down.

"At least I'm getting murdered by someone attractive!" Frank groaned, accepting the fact that he was about to bleed out in an alleyway in 30 seconds. He screwed his eyes shut and waited for the pain of getting his insides torn out to commence. But it didn't. Instead he heard laughter, not the sound of his flesh being ripped apart.

"Whoo! Aha. I like you." The murderer chuckled, his laughter dying down. "I'm gonna let you off the hook... for now. But I'll be back. Think of this as time to say your final goodbyes, because next time, you'll be dead for sure."

"Wha-what? You're letting me go?" Frank gasped.

"Yeah, now get back inside before I change my fucking mind." The man growled. Frank quickly scrambled away from the grip of the killer and rushed back to the front door. The last thing he saw of the man was his silhouette retreating back into the alleyway.

-- -- --

Gerard sighed. Now he'd have to find someone else to kill in the mean time. He wasn't about to let that kid get away forever, but he decided to spare his life for now. Anyway, what's the point of killing if you can't have a little fun? Making this boy paranoid out of his mind before killing him would be a real treat.

Gerard continued down the road but was sure to stick to the shadows. He was slightly aggravated tat he'd have to be out past 12 o'clock, but the blood lust was too strong to deny at this point. Suddenly, he spotted a girl who seemed to be giggling with her friend as they staggered down the sidewalk.

One girl had blonde hair and stiletto heels, while wearing a tight-fitting and very short dress on. She had a large sweatshirt draped over her shoulders. The girl walking with her had blonde hair also, but it was obviously dyed. Booty shorts clung to her by a thread, and Gerard noticed her high boots were not doing justice for her calves. By the looks of it, they were seventeen, drunk, out way past their curfew, and had horrible fashion sense.

Gerard chuckled to himself, high heels and drunkenness meant no running.

Quietly, he rushed up to the girls. He grabbed one by the hair and pulled her back, squeezing her around the waist.. Before she could scream, he had slit her throat. It took a couple seconds for her friend to notice what had happened. He let the corpse fall to the ground with a thud and stared at the second girl with and emotionless smile.

"Are you having fun?" He asked, and the girl shook her head. She ran a couple steps before stumbling and falling. Gerard strode over to her and pinned her down by the neck. She struggled, trying to get out of his grip, but Gerard was too strong.

"What's your name?" He asked, and the girl whimpered.

"St-Stacey!" She stammered, and let out another cry.

"Well, Stacey... Sleep tight!" Gerard said.

He sliced her stomach open and dug out her intestines, leaving them strewn about on the pale pavement.

Gerard stood up and wiped his hands on Stacey's friend's sweatshirt. Then he frowned. He could have sworn he heard someone breathing heavily behind a car.

He walked over to find a man fumbling with his phone, probably desperately trying to call 911. Gerard rolled his eyes and stabbed the man in the throat and ripping his knife out before turning and running away, back to his hide out.

-- -- --

Frank climbed into bed and grabbed his laptop from beside him. He turned it on and quickly opened Google.

'Murder man who says sleep tight' Frank typed in to the search bar.

Frank scrolled down a lot, most of it was Jeff the Killer things and some other mass murders. Frank sighed and was about to exit out of the page when he noticed the last link.

'Gerard Way: Sleep Tight, Don't Let the Knife Bite'

Frank excitedly clicked on the link and started to read.

'Yesterday night, 4 families wound up dead in Maryland, just like in Pennsylvania two nights ago, and just like in California last week. Gerard Way is responsible for the brutal killings of 176 people all over the country and counting. Sources say he uses a knife to slice and dice his victims. Some witnesses recall seeing "Sleep Tight" written in blood or carved into the skin of the dead. Gerard has been at it for ten years, ever since he was 14.

Posted on May 15th, 2013'

A picture of Gerard was shown below the post and Frank confirmed it as the man who he had seen in the alley.

Frank read the short article two more times before shuddering and exiting the page. That post was written two years ago. How many more people has this man killed?

Suddenly, his phone dinged, signalling a text message.

'If you call tell the police, I will kill you, your mother, and your dog. -G'

Frank's eyes widened as he looked over to Sweet Pea idly snoring in the corner of his room.

He quickly dialed the number the text message was sent from but was disappointed when it sent him to an automated message saying the number was no longer in service. Frank sighed and put his phone on his bed side table. He shut his laptop, and all the light vanished from the room.

It took an hour of tossing and turning before Frank fell into a fitful sleep.