Chapter 2

"Frank? Are you alright?" Candice asked.

Frank and his girlfriend were walking to their 4th period classes. Frank didn't really like Candice, and she was a major meany head according to Patrick, but Frank stuck with her because if he didn't, she would probably murder him. He was convinced she was psycho. Maybe not as psycho as Gerard...

"Y-yeah, babe. I'm fine." Frank replied distractedly. To tell the truth, Frank was not okay. He had a run in with an infamous murderer who wants his guts spilled on the floor, probably. Assumably.

"Ugh. Whatever." Candice scoffed. "I'm going to go hang out with Chad instead." She humphed, ripping her hand out of Frank's and storming away.

"Uh huh. Okay." He mumbled to thin air.

-- -- -- --

"Mr. Iero!" The teacher called sternly. Frank's head snapped up to look at the board. "What's the answer?"

"U-uh... 25!" He randomly called. The teacher sighed.

"Mr. Iero, this is Social Studies. I asked you what the capital of New Hampshire is."

"Oh. Concord." Frank commented, and the teacher smiled.

"Good. But next time please pay attention!" She stated and turned back to the board.

"Now. Who can tell me the..." The teacher started, but by now Frank had zoned out and was staring at the clock. Suddenly, he heard three taps coming from the window behind him. Frank spun around and was greeted with a familiar mass murderer's face. He blinked once, and Gerard was gone.

Frank stood up and tried to get a better look out of the window.

"Um, Mr. Iero?" He heard someone call his name. "Are you alright?"

"I really don't feel well, can I go to the nurses office?" Frank moaned, faking a sick stomach. Although now that he thought about it, he really did feel like shit.

"Yes, I suppose. Don't forget to take a hall pass, please." The teacher sighed.

Frank smiled weakly and walked over to the classroom door, grabbed the pass, and stumbled out into the hall way.

He trudged down the corridor, slowly making his way to the nurses office.

When he finally reached it, he felt like he was about to collapse. The lack of sleep and food was really taking a toll on his body. Ever since yesterday, the day Gerard decided to show up, Frank hadn't eaten. He slept for two hours, and he hadn't drank anything either.

Frank opened the door with a creak and walked inside.

"Hello, how may I help you, Frank?" The nurse, Ellie, asked.

Frank was here a lot, so he knew all the nurses by name, and they all knew his. Mostly it was for his medication he had to take throughout the day. And that one time when he ate dairy by accident... that was NOT a good day.

"I'm feeling really unwell," Frank groaned, holding his stomach.

"Oh my, well come here and we'll check your temperature. Okay?" Ellie said in a soft voice, her blonde ponytail swishing as she shook her head.

Frank nodded and walked over to Ellie, where she took out a thermometer and placed it under his tongue. They stood there for a couple seconds before the machine beeped.

"Well, it doesn't seem like you have a fever, but I can tell you're really sick. I can call your mother if you want me to?" Ellie offered, frowning.

"Yeah, thanks Ellie." Frank mumbled. He was worried about going home because he didn't want Gerard to find him, but he also just really wanted to see his mother before he died.

"Alright. You can go lay down and I'll call your mother. Mrs. Iero, is it?" Ellie asked.

"Uh, just Ms." Frank replied, walking over to a blue cot and laying down.

"Mhm," Ellie said. Frank heard some buttons and then the faint dial tone of a phone.

"Hi! Ms. Iero, it's Ellie Manding from Cistine Highschool. We have your son here in the nurses office and he really does not feel well. Are you home at the moment?"

Some words were muttered through the other end.

"O-oh. I see. Well I guess we can just keep him here I suppose." Ellie sighed.

More words on his mom's side of the phone.

"I can't exactly say I understand, but we have space to have him stay here instead." Ellie stated, her voice calm but her face slightly aggravated.

Frank's mother said something then, and Ellie's face grew darker.

"Right, Ms. Iero. Goodbye." Ellie grumbled and hung up the phone.

She sighed and turned to Frank, who was now sitting on the cot.

"Well, do you want to hear the truth of why you can't go home or a lie?" Ellie forlornly asked.

"I- I'm confused I don't- truth I guess." Frank stammered.

Ellie sighed before continuing. Frank and Ellie were good friends, and she felt as though she could tell Frank.

"Your mother said... she just didn't want to see you at all today." Ellie said.

Frank stared at Ellie. His mother, his OWN MOTHER, didn't want to see Frank at all? What about when he got home from school? Frank didn't understand. He knew he was a fuck up but he thought at least his mom believed in him. He apparently thought wrong.

Tears welled up in Frank's eyes. He always had been a cry baby.

One finally leaked down his cheek and Ellie gasped.

"Oh, Frank. Come here." She murmured, walking over to Frank and holding him in her arms.

The tears were now streaming down his face and he sniffled. He was sad that his mom didn't want to see him. But now, now he was angry. If Ms. Iero didn't want to see him, then that was fine with Frank. He just wouldn't go home at all.

He had about a thousand dollars saved up because he was planning on buying a car, but running away from home seemed a lot easier.

At least that was what Frank was trying to convince himself to think.

So, Frank would need to pack essentials. Meaning clothing, food, his laptop, and other things. He was upset because he'd have to leave his guitar behind but what else could he do?

"Frank, I think you should rest okay?" Ellie said gently, interrupting his thoughts. Frank nodded and pulled away from her, laying back on the cot in a fetal position.

"Here, take this, it should help you sleep." Ellie murmured, handing Frank a pill and a glass of water. He sat up and placed the pill in his mouth before swallowing it with a swig of water.

Frank plopped his head back on the pillow and Ellie closed the curtain so no other students would be able to see him.

Okay, so. He would make sure he was getting packed up while his mother wasn't home, so he had an hour to do so.

Then he would catch a bus to the next town so he could find a hotel to stay at for a bit while he tried to find work. Frank would continue to go to school though, he decided.

And then, he would eat lots of ice cream and cuddle up with Mr. Sniffles his kittyyyyy..... Frank fell into a deep sleep. Gentle snores sounded from his body, and Ellie looked over, smiling gently. She grabbed a blanket and draped it over his resting body, then returned back to her desk.

------------------666----------------

Hello folks! I'm hoping you guys like this story. I already have the whole plan set out. Also, side note, there is NO ROMANTIC INTEREST BETWEEN FRANK AND ELLIE!! I REPEAT!!! NO ROMANTIC INTEREST!!!! okay thank you. and if I see comments about it, I WILL BE ANGRY!! I won't delete them but I WILL still be angry. Keep yo dang Fellie comments away and as always,

Keep Running

-xølilly