tw♂

Linden Blisser. His name. He transferred to our school last year, and since then, I've been keeping an eyeful on him. He joined the basketball club and gained a position in the starting team.

We have a couple of classes together this semester and I always keep a keen sense whenever he's around. He's never had a girlfriend. Atleast, in school. Atleast, not that I know. His reason for transfering was still a mystery to everyone, not that I'd like to know. But I was interested.

But I didn't ask him on our way.

We just kept quiet until we got to school. He asked me a couple of questions, though.

Like, "You're in the volleyball team, right?"

And I said, "Yeah."

"What do you do?"

"I do best at tossing and receiving. But coach want me to learn to block."

He curved his lips. Maybe considering the fact that I was an inch taller than him.

When we reached the parking lot, I said my thanks and slid off the passenger seat. I couldn't tell if he was pissed off by how I talked to him but I was tensed and uncomfortable.

Linden Blisser is not a typical basketball player. He was something more. Something else. But I couldn't tell. That's why I liked him in the first place.

But one thing I know. He's straight. Well, based on how he talked and moved.

I figured I'd stay away from him.

I had conditioning at first period. Mr. Landman, the basketball team's coach, made us run and lift weights. Not like I fucking don't lift weights at home. In volleyball, speed and stamina are most important. Well, aside from teamwork and synchronization.

I had literature at second period. It was tragically boring and though I think it was nonsense, I figured it was interesting. So I listened to Mr. Gailing. He lent us a book entitled "The Box Man." It was a classic by an author named Allen Van Singer.

I couldn't wait to read it. Not a fucking chance! I'm not fond of reading, you know.

You may be wondering why I haven't mentioned any of my friends. The thing is, I don't have any friends. Not a single one. I intend to graduate that way and figure everything out in college. I was more of an outcast in school. I just really like to play volleyball why I was in the varsity team.

I also joined the Skateboarding Club. I'm an amateur, though. I just like rolling on wheels. Not do some shitty and funny tricks. No offense. I often watch my "club mates" do tricks and scrape their skins or break bones in the process. They don't wear protective gears. They think its funny.

Well, I think they're funny. Losers.

One of them, whose name is Fred, was in lit class. He always sits beside me but I never try talking to him. He talks to me, though. Just like right now.

"Have you seen the Trooper's Solo?" he asked.

"What?" I whispered. I was listening to him and Mr. Gailing at the same fucking time. How cool is that?

"Trooper's Solo. The new flick?" He asked like he couldn't believe I didn't know what he was talking about.

"Oh. No. I haven't seen it." Not like I'm planning to.

"Well. You should. You're missing a part of your life if you don't."

Then, he told me how the story went. He narrated how James, the protagonist, who was just a failed experiment of the Human Enhancement Experiment Program (or known as HEEP, as Fucking Fred quoted), became a bad ass outlaw and destroyed the system together with his ally named Mort. And they both saved the world. Ofcourse, his narration went with booms and blags and sounds of gun fires.