eleven

Tonight wasn't the night of my life. Wanna know why? Turned out, the girl from Johanssen High was only interested in getting me in bed with her. And I wasn't the type of guy to bang every girl in the neighborhood. Or any other neighborhood.

So I had two choices. One, be stripped of my virginity with her. Or two, let my ol' Christian soul win out. Of course I chose the latter.

But it seemed that God wasn't on my side. Even if I chose to stand with what I learned in the church.

I was in the bed, flat on my back. My head was bit buzzed from the small amount of alcohol I had consumed. But hey, I was never a drinker. Go figure.

Hannah, the girl from Johanssen High was on top of me, straddling my hands on the either sides of my head. She leaned close and fast and the next thing I knew, she was kissing me.

And of course, like in every cliché film in history, it's when the door swung open. I pushed Hannah and shot up and looked toward the door, barely missing Linden Blisser as he was already running off.

Fuck.

"What the fuck?" Hannah was annoyed.

I looked at her straight in the eyes, tightened my jaws before saying, "You shouldn't have done that." I scooped the spare T-Shirt I saw on the nightstand and was out if the door in a dash.

I searched for him. I searched in the kitchen, in the pool, in the backyard, and even in the sea of gyrating bodies in the tight living room. But there was no sign of Linden Blisser.

So I left for the parking lot.

I didn't find his car.

Of course, he'd ran off. And by ran off, I meant being as far away from me as possible.

It was almost three when I got back home, excluding the time I spent pushing my truck with an unignited engine. Wouldn't want to wake the parents, would we?

So by the time I got in bed, after a long shot shower and finally in boxers and tank top, I was ready to doze off. But my thoughts wouldn't let me.

Linden Blisser was all I have in my mind. Maybe I should've gone to his house and apologize. But I have no idea where the guy lives and I don't think it was appropriate to go to his house at this hour just to say I was sorry.

I sighed before I closed my eyes.

When morning came, I went straight to the shower and cursed Linden Blisser for the dark circles under my eyes. Turned out, I wasn't able to gain any amount of sleep thinking of him, thinking of the guilt that I felt.

I shouldn't have let Hannah kiss me. I should've known what she was up to. The moment she grinned at me, I should've known what was going to happen.

I got to school almost swatted by Mr. Lansburg for being late. My trigonometry teacher wasn't one to tolerate lateness. Sounds like a music teacher I know.

I was so out of it that I took longer in everything I did. And now, as I stared at the numbers and graphs on the black board, I couldn't comprehend what they meant. I knew I could see them and understand the lesson if I let myself focus.

But no. No matter how much I tried, I failed and just stared.

I wasn't one to take notes. But when a chalk came my way and hit me on the forehead, I immediately reconsidered and started writing while Mr. Lansburg yelled insults to lazy students a.k.a. me.

At lunch, I couldn't wait to get out of biology and burst into the cafeteria, both doors swinging open. I waited in line to get my food, all the while checking the empty seat where Linden Blisser and I sat to talk about the music project.

When it was my turn, I got my usual and carried my tray over to the volleyball team's table. That was until I caught sight of a familiar blonde hair that I'd recognize anywhere.

Linden Blisser.

He was in his team's table, laughing with the rest of them. How could a guy be laughing and be beautiful at the same time? I never noticed how perfect his teeth was or the dimples that appear in his cheeks when he smiled. Or in this case, laughed. He was conventionally good looking and masculine.

I couldn't help but smile.

That was until his head turned and found me, like he felt me staring. The joy in his grin immediately disappeared. He gathered his tray and stood up. He tossed his trash away and returned the tray at the counter. He was out of the doors in a minute.

Fuck.

Was he avoiding me? Sure did. Was he angry at me? Well, I wouldn't know until I ask him, right?