CHAPTER 21

Sunlight hit Lottie's eyes when Flora, her now-personal maid opened the curtains thus inevitably making her wake up from her sleep. If it were like her usual days, Lottie would duck under her covers again, but not today.

She willingly opened her eyes and the first thing she saw was Flora's smile holding a tray of breakfast.

"Happy birthday, young lady Charlotte!"

"Thank you, Flora!"

With a big beam matching her maid, she accepted her food and delightfully savored her meal.

"Be ready young lady. We have so much to do today!" Flora declared, clasping both her hands in joy with a small jump.

Lottie chuckled. Flora wasn't the only one excited, Lottie herself was thrilled for this day. After all, she could never anticipate that this day would come true.

Exactly four months had passed since Lottie woke up from her fever coma state. What she expected was another cold treatment from the household employees and her dad's avoidance, but it seemed a miracle flew down from heaven and she rose with her dad on her side.

He cried when he saw her eyes opened and hugged her tightly as if he would lose her. Of course, she was taken a back and confused, but she still accepted the hug. It's always been her wish to hug Anthony and receive familial love. Who's she to decline the hug, right?

Better to savor the moment while it lasts, she thought.

However, it didn't end. Flora and Duncan entered the room too and cried...loudly. Very loudly and hugged her tightly, too tight for her comfort in fact. She had to smack their faces to let her go. Nevertheless, it wasn't so bad because after witnessing their chaotic interactions, Anthony laughed heartily. This led them to relax and laugh as well.

Since that day, everything has changed. Anthony didn't avoid her anymore, instead, he knelt in front of her, apologized and promised to treat her what she deserved; to be treated as his legitimate daughter. He really made sure that everyone in the manor saw and understood this.

To the point, he summoned all the employees in front of Lottie and dismissed them from their services except for people who Lottie wanted to stay which were Duncan and Flora. They might have bullied her before, but she had to admit, they were entertaining to be with. She was also quite curious how Flora was still not pregnant after all the two's frequent escapades.

She wanted to observe. Yeah, that's it. Like an R19+ book.

Additionally, Lottie didn't like the other employees, so she didn't feel bad. They bullied her and talked badly behind their master, Anthony, which was unforgiveable in Lottie's standards.

So off they go.

From that point on, she's been living on cloud nine and finally, she could spend her 9th birthday with her family.

'I hope everyday will be like this...' Lottie thought to herself with a smile while Flora was brushing her new washed hair.

"Are you sure this is enough, young lady?" Flora asked as she looked at Lottie's reflection in the mirror in front of them.

"What do you mean?" Lottie curiously asked.

"Forgive me for overstepping, but are you sure you don't want a party? The duke is very capable of giving you one and can invite all the prestigious figures here in the East."

"Nah, this is good for me. I am already happy that all of you are celebrating with me on my special day."

'And, if I have a big party, they will just take my dad's attention, chit-chatting boring things here and there. Many flirtatious women would also cling to him! That's a big no! AnthonyxBeatrice forever!' Lottie added inside her mind.