Chapter•31♡

It was terrifying!

---------------------------------------

Parul becomes frightened by Damini's words. Gunisha leans close to Parul's ear and whispers, "I told you so, but you never listen to me!" Parul moves forward and declares, "Never mind, we won't listen to Mom's scolding!" Both of them proceed through the door.

Inside the hall, Sudha paces angrily, with her arms folded across her chest.

Both of them were scared as they cautiously moved forward. Parul kept her hands behind her back. Sudha halted and glared at them, saying, "I told you to come back home before 6 PM!"

As Sudha examined the girls, she noticed their condition. Gunisha's head wound was hidden beneath her hair, but Sudha could see a slight injury. Parul had scratches on her chin, her hair was disheveled, and both girls' clothes were dirty from the dust.

Sudha rushes over to the girls, bending down to their level, and asks urgently, "What happened? Are you both okay?" She gently lifts Parul's chin with her hand and then, with wide eyes, pushes Gunisha's hair back from her forehead, noticing the blood marks. Sudha exclaims, "How did you get so injured? Where did you both go?"

Gunisha looks at Sudha with disappointment and says, "Aunty ji, where is my papa?" She speaks with such emotion that she holds back tears, unable to cry in front of Sudha. Her voice is choked with shock, making it difficult for her to speak.

Parul's attention was elsewhere as she concealed a locket behind her hand, eager to leave quickly and hide it away.

Sudha looks at Parul sternly and asks, "Why are you standing silently? Tell me, where were you both?"

Just then, Damini enters and as she approaches Sudha, she says, "Don't scold her, Sudha. She might get scared to tell anyone else!"

Gunisha's eyes start to tear up, and she lowers her gaze. Parul nervously stammers, "We... we... we..."

Damini looks at both of them and says, "They are not seriously injured. Bandage them, apply some medicine, and they will be alright."

Sudha looks at both of them, then stands straight and says in a stern voice, "Both of you, meet me in the living room. I want to talk to both of you."

She then looks at Gunisha sadly and adds, "Gunisha, baby, your dad is working in the study room upstairs. Meet him when he is free." With that, Sudha starts to leave.

Damini steps forward and guides Gunisha and Parul along with her.

Parul pulls away from Damini's hand and says, "I'm tired. I need to go to my room." Damini watches Parul leave and adds, "But dear, what about your medicine?"

Ignoring Damini, Parul continues running towards her room without responding. Gunisha glances at Damini, who is still watching Parul leave.

Damini then turns to Gunisha and says, "You should go. Sudha must be bringing the first aid kit. You're seriously injured."

Observing Parul, Gunisha thinks to herself, "Parul, your behaviour strangely!"

Parul enters her room, closes the door, and takes a deep breath. She says to herself, "Phew... I escaped. Otherwise, Mom would have scolded me a lot."