Chapter 8

Nero's POV

We are still standing in the middle of the library. Well, the now destroyed library. I am thinking about what Luna is trying to tell me. I don't get it. Dante killed His Holiness in front of a full church and Luna is telling me that he is the good guy? I don't even know why she is trusting him. Or if she trusts him then why she's helping me. Suddenly, I hear her scream in horror. I spin around and I hate what I see. Out of nowhere, another three armors have appeared and one of them has grabbed Luna, lifting her in the air. She is struggling, but I can tell that there is no way she's gonna be able to free herself from the iron grip of the armor.

"Luna!" I shout.

"Nero!" She screams my name.

I don't hesitate but proceed in fighting the two armors that attack me. It's a fierce fight and I do my very best, but it takes some time until I am finally able to defeat them. I turn to search for Luna. The armor holding her has flown out of reach and I have to watch in horror as it disappears through a hole in the ceiling.

"Luna! I'm gonna find you! I'm gonna get you out of there! I promise! Just hang on!" I shout on top of my lungs, hoping she'll hear me.

My only answer are her screams for me. I can't let them win... I need this beautiful, crazy, cocky and absolutely awesome girl by my side again.

Luna's POV

We are still in the middle of the library. I am walking around, searching for something... anything important. Suddenly, three of the white armors step out from behind a bookshelf. I gasp in surprise and I steel myself for the fight. But there's not much of a fight to come. Two of them attack me and I have to block the attacks with my katana. Then the third one grabs me by my throat before I can stop it. I let out a scream of horror as it lifts me up in the air. I struggle to get free, but I realize that I have not a chance.

"Luna!" Nero shouts my name.

"Nero!" I scream back.

He struggles to get to me, but the armors keep him from succeeding. The one holding me flies up higher in the room and I can now see a hole in the ceiling. It's taking me somewhere. Nero finally manages to defeat the demonic armors, when the one that has grabbed me maneuvers us through the hole.

"Luna! I'm gonna find you! I'm gonna get you out of there! I promise! Just hang on!" Nero shouts.

"Nero!" I repeatedly shout out his name.

I keep struggling, until the armor hits my head hard, sending me into the world of darkness.

The blackness surrounds me. I can barely even see anything. There are images of the people I know. Dante. He is trying to tell me something. But before I can concentrate on him, the image fades. Then there's Trish. She's fighting a horde of demons. Too many. She won't make it. She'll never make it. Every time she slays one, there appear two others. Soon she is overpowered and an especially fierce looking creature steps in front of the woman that is now on her knees. "You're time is over." It sneers, then it stabs her in the chest. She falls to the ground and stops moving. I try to do anything, but I can't. Next I see Nero, kneeling in the middle of the library and crying out my name. Out of nowhere, Dante steps into the room and asks him where I am. Nero shouts at him, blaming him for all of this. I try to stop them, but once again, I can't do anything. Nero attacks my best friend, my brother. They fight a battle for death. I scream and shout, but no words come out of my mouth. Nothing. Then the image fades and Dante appears in front of me...

***   ***   ***

Baaam... Now who would have expected that? I bet none of you! Hahaha, I leave you with this little cliffhanger and you can spend the week wondering what will happen to Luna and Nero. What will Nero do without her? He is pretty unpredictable...

Thanks for reading!

-M