Chapter 17

Luna's POV

We reach what the Order calls headquarters and now it's time to split up. My heart thinks. I know that Trish's plan is really risky and I hate to say goodbye. I hate to say goodbye when I don't know whether I will ever see those people again. I groan silently and I know that I can't change the plan anyways so I'll just have to get it over with. First I turn to Dante. The man who is like an older brother to me.

"Dante..." I hug him and kiss his cheek.

"Don't worry about me. You know I'm a survivor."

I smile sadly. "Just take care, okay." I drop my voice so only he can hear me. "And take care of Nero."

"I will." Dante tells me and I hope that he'll be able to keep his word.

Now I turn to Nero. I look into his crystal blue eyes and immediately I have to fight back the tears. I hate being weak. Usually I am strong and never show any kind of feelings. But since this crazy white haired boy entered my life, my feelings are all over the place. With him, everything is different and that's how I'm standing here, with a single tear slipping from my eye. Nero sighs and closes the distance between us. With his thumb he wipes off the tear and then he lifts up my face to his.

"I have to do this. I wouldn't leave you if I didn't have to, you know that, right? But Dante and I we will keep fighting until you arrive. We won't give up and we won't die. Don't worry about us, just come back to me." He tells me, looking right into my eyes.

I nod, then he embraces me in a huge hug and I bury my face in his shoulder. "I don't want you to leave." I silently admit.

He kisses my hair then he answers: "And I don't. My heart is always with you. I will never leave you."

I look up again and the next second our lips connect in a deep, desperate and also passionate kiss. It was the kiss of two lovers who don't know whether they will ever see each other again. It was a kiss that usually only happens in movies when the world is about to collapse into ashes and dust. And I hope with all my heart that it will be the last kiss of this kind but not the last kiss of all time. Now a few more tears escape my eyes and we finally break apart. I look at the boy I love for one last time and tell him desperately: "Don't you dare to die."

I can see in his eyes that he understands and with that we all turn around and go separate ways.
When she is sure that the others can't hear us anymore, Trish studies my face.

"What?" I ask.

"That Nero boy really got to you. You care about him, more than you usually care about anyone. And now you're having a hard time dealing with your emotions going crazy." She states.

And she is absolutely right, but I hate to admit it. I know that it is no use hiding it though. I sigh.

"I didn't plan that. I didn't intend to fall in love, but I guess it just hit me. Hard. And now I am scared as hell that I will lose him. I can't lose him, Trish." I admit.

"Then let's do everything in our power to make sure that you won't." She tells me and we hurry down the path.

Wow... I started at university and I've got almost no time for writing... So sorry about that... But I try to do my best in finishing this story soon and I hope that I won't have to keep you guys waiting for too long! Thank you so much for reading my story, it means a lot. 

-M