Chapter 22

Luna's POV

"Nero!" I shout out loud, already running to his side.

I drop to my knees and keep ahold of him. A huge wave of relief washes over me as I realize that he is still breathing. He's gasping and trying to calm himself down to be exact.

"Oh God, are you okay? Talk to me, Nero!" I ramble frantically.

He takes a moment to even his breathing. "I'm... not. I feel like... grilled spareribs." He finally says ironically. Within a second, I place my lips on his and hug his shaking form. He answers my kiss and I can feel what he's been through. Even after we break apart, we stay on the ground for a bit, just kneeling there and being in each other's arms. We don't even realize that Dante and Trish are still fighting, until they finally finish the last demon off and come over to us.

"You okay, kid?" Dante asks and I can hear that he is truly worried.

Nero nods. "Yeah, I guess... I'm alive. I'm not back to my full strength though."

"I'd be surprised if you were." Dante says.

"He's right, be happy that you are alive for now." Trish notes.

I look deeply into his eyes. "Well, I am happy that you are still alive. I don't know what I would have done without you."

"I love you." He tells me, making butterflies dance in my stomach.

"And I love you."

"I will never leave you, you know. I will live whatever life you wanna live and I will also settle down with you. As long as we are together, everything is fine." He goes on and I can't believe that he is actually planning like this. This is all so perfect.

"I don't really think that we will be able to settle down. Hunting demons is a part of you and a part of me. But we will do it together. We will stand and fight together..."

"And make the world a better place." Nero finishes for me and I can feel that we agree on our purpose. I happily lay my head on his shoulder. I know that he will probably be haunted by what has happened today for quite some time – as will I – but I know that we will manage to pull though all of it. Together we are strong.

"You two are so cute." Trish notes sarcastically.

"Alright, let's get outta here!" Dante interrupts us before we can go on.

We do as Dante said and leave the Order's headquarters behind us: we head to the 'Devil May Cry' shop and with that into new adventures.

The End

Thank you!

I want to thank all of you for always believing in this story and to be honest, you guys who have voted for this story have kept me writing. There were times, I wanted to abandon it, but I never wanna abandon a story that I have created. So I have kept going and this is where it lead to. I hope that all of you are happy with the ending, because that's what happy endings are for.
At first I wanted to kill Nero in his last fight and make Luna kill Sanctus for revenge, but she
's not that kind of person, so I decided to stick with the happy ending.

Tell me what you think of the ending and what you would've expected that would happen. This story is officially over and there would be nothing better than to get one final review. Tell me whatever is on your mind.

Tell me what part of the story you liked best!

And now thank you one last time for reading this, you are awesome. Maybe, we'll hear from each other in another story, until then...

Let's rock!

Love you guys

-M