Chapter 10

Luna's POV

After three full hours of bleeding, my wrist is now finally completely healed. I am relieved about it and I now concentrate on what's going on in this lab. I frown as I sense something. A demonic aura that is very familiar. I somehow know that it's the one pulsing from Nero's arm. But that isn't even possible. He's not here. He can't be. Right? I can feel the exhaustion trying to take over my body and there is a blackness in my mind that is almost drowning all my senses in numbness. Then I can hear something... noise – the noise of a fight going on. I can hear Nero scream my name and his voice is filled with pain and despair. What is going on out there? I concentrate on his demonic aura and I am shocked by how weak it is. He is dying!

"NERO!" I scream. "Don't you dare giving up now! You are stronger than this! Now fight!"

The next thing I know is a blue light filling the whole room. I can feel the force radiating all around the scene. A well-known force. Mixed with something even more powerful. I have no idea how, but my senses tell me that Nero has his power back... and is even stronger than before because there is this other power. A demonic power that pulses through the whole room and gives me goosebumps. I am not sure whether this is good or bad. But then I feel that the demonic force gives me power, too. I scream and rip myself free, the chains break as if they were nothing. I kick the door to my cell out and run outside. Nero was standing on the platform and there was a huge blue demon manifested behind him, coming out of his arm. In his right hand, he held tightly on to Yamato.

"How is this possible? Not even I could succeed in restoring it..." Agnus rambled.

Nero seemed to be in trance, his eyes were glowing red and he was speaking in his voice, but at the same time also in the demon's voice. So this demon was part of him... just like Dante and his trigger...

"From that day forth... my arm changed... and a voice echoed... power..."

Now the demon voice was stronger to be heard.

"Give me more power!"

"What?" Agnus squeaked.

"And if I become a demon, so be it, I will endure the exile... Anything to protect her."

To protect whom? Was he talking about me? Nero threw Yamato at Agnus and the katana caused the ceiling to break down before returning in Nero's hand.

"This is preposterous... preposterous!" Agnus screamed.

Yamato got absorbed into Nero's arm and his devil trigger faded. The white haired boy fell to his knees. I sprinted to him and grabbed him by his shoulders, kneeling down in front of him. His left hand was clenching his chest and his clothes were soaked in blood. OH NO! No, no, no, no, no!

"Nero?! Oh my God, are you hurt? There's blood..." I panicked.

A part of my mind hated myself for panicking, but I couldn't change it. I usually was totally cool and emotionless, but with Nero it was different. This boy just made my heart burn. He was clearly in shock and didn't say a word.

"Nero!" I called his name frantically.

Hey guys! So finally the next chapter. Sorry for the long wait, but I was badly jetlagged and considering I have been on vacation for three weeks without writing anything for this story, the update didn't actually take me that long. Besides I have some serious writer's block and I'm having a hard time going on with this story... But I love Luna and Nero together and I am trying to do my very best to bring this to a good end... maybe also a tragic end, idk.

Thank you!!! ♥♥♥

-M