Chp 8. Unforgivable

"I was in the middle of a meeting when my secretary had to come in and interrupt my meeting to whisper in my ear that the Kennish's were in the hospital because my daughter had a major break down and beat the living day lights out of her future husband!" Felix yelled, "So obviously I had to reschedule the meeting which didn't make any one in the room happy, all because my daughter doesn't know how to behave!"

I know exactly how to behave; I have taken care of my family for nine years I have been more responsible than my forty something year old so called father. Also its just a stupid meeting, no reason to freak out about it. I would have said it out loud but once again I'd shut down becoming the passive aggressive person I've always been. Yet when someone pushed my buttons to far I tended to explode, example me beating up Warren.

"Well what do you have to say for yourself young lady?" Felix asked angrily.

I shifted in my seat uncomfortable, "it...it wasn't my fault."

"So Warren's bruised because he got thrown off a horse?" Felix spat.

"No. I hit him because he hurt Kelly," I argued quietly.

"That doesn't give you permission to beat up your future husband!" Felix yelled.

"Why not?" I spat. It's not like I plan on being an abusive wife, but I couldn't help but ask.

"What?" Felix looked at me.

"Why not?" I questioned again, "He hasn't given me a second glance since I've arrived at the Kennish's. No one cares that I'm even living there. I could have died and the only person who would have noticed would have been Kelly. So yes I beat Warren up and it felt good, and I feel bad that it felt good, but I'm sick of how I'm being treated. Its like all you wanted was to keep your stupid contract together! You basically picked me up, showered me with gifts and then left!" Now I had raised my voice. Tears started sliding down my face. I wiped them away hating myself for being weak.

"This isn't about you this about The Kennish's," Felix said coldly.

More tears streamed down my face, "It's never been about me it's always been about you. I've lived through poverty, loneliness, and hatred for the past nine years. While you've been off living the richest life with not a second thought of the people you left behind. I took care of my two siblings and a heart broken mother my whole life. In fact Sophie thought you where dead because mom got sick of Sophie asking her where her dad was. Everyone gave up. Tanner grew up faster than he should have. Sophie grew up with out a father, and I grew up living a fantasy that one day you would walk through that door and crawl on your hands and knees and beg for forgiveness. And then you did walk in, but not asking for forgiveness, instead all you did was tell me you'd signed my life away to some stranger I never knew or cared about. So when you say this isn't about me, you bet your selfish attitude its all about me because if it wasn't for me everything would have fallen a part." I stopped. I hadn't noticed I had gotten up. With my true feelings being let out I felt like a balloon that had released all the air it had been holding in was let out. Having nothing else to say and wanting nothing to do with Felix any more I walked to the exit door done with putting up my father's crap towards me. Right before I did I stopped saying, "I hate you and I'll never forgive you for what you've done."

With that I yanked open the door running out of there, I ran past the Kennish's, nurses, everyone until I came to an empty hall way. I sank to my knees hiding myself behind a vending machine, tears streamed out, they just kept coming and I let them. The tears I've been holding in since I got here deserved to come out. After a while, the tears went away and I found myself exhausted, slowly my eyelids closed.

                                      *                                   *                                      *                                 *