Chp 26. Kelly & Warren

I stared at my phone; I had left over twenty voice mails, sent over a hundred texts to Sam, but nothing. The only person who sent me anything was a very angry Lizzy; I finally had to block her number. I stared at my phone just wishing for him to call back or something. I picked up my phone chucking it a crossed the room; I was hoping it would shatter and break, but somehow it landed in my laundry basket.

I cried out in frustration; tears came down my eyes fogging up my glasses again. Yanking them off I whipped my tears away frustrated. I set them down letting myself just stare at the blurry shapes around me. I don't blame him for not calling, but I guess in my heart I had hoped he would. I hit my pillow frustrated I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I let it go on, I'm not sure why I kept it up. I mean I gave up on fairy tale endings when I was nine and then suddenly because of one boy I wanted my Happily Ever After? Ugh. I yelled into my pillow; I hate myself.

Three hours later I still lay in bed not moving; no one had come up to see me since breakfast. Even then it was only the maid. The doctor ordered me to bed rest until I healed, but I'll never heal with the way I'm feeling right now. I don't know why this is so different from my break up with Dylan; when I broke up with him it didn't feel this way. Sometimes I wonder if it's because Dylan and I had grown a part from each other; that I couldn't be the real me when I was around him.

No one had said anything about the drowning incident when they found me yesterday in the hospital. Then again I wouldn't give anyone any answers either so I guess they stopped bothering to ask. My dad however did have a black eye not understanding why some random stranger punched him; Sam did that for me. I sighed; Sam.

I don't know how long I laid there hours, days, maybe weeks I don't know. Everything seemed the same to me. The sun would rise then it would set. Sometimes I was cold and sometimes I was warm. The maid was the only one I saw three times a day. She babbled on about stuff going on in the house. Something about my dad finding a house for my family to stay in. Bianca's big charity event she was planning. The new boy Kelly had recently been hanging out with...I started to tune her out.

On what felt like forever the door to my room opened; I didn't say anything I guess it was already time to eat and as always I'm not hungry. The maid was always upset when she saw I didn't eat my food then she would start talking in I think Swedish because she once told me that's where she grew up. I never commented.

My bed dipped out of nowhere and I suddenly felt someone next to me. I turned to find Kelly laying on my bed next to me.

"Hi," She whispered.

"Hi," I said pathetically.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Kelly asked.

"No." I turned away from her.

"Cassandra I know who it was who saved you from that pool and who walked out of your hospital room one week ago," Kelly blurted out, "I also noticed the shattered glass when we walked in and the angry voices I heard on the outside. Then there's the fact that you haven't said anything or done anything in a week. You told him Cassandra...you told him didn't you?"

Silence. I'm not talking to her. At least now I know it's been a week.

"Cassandra please, I'm the one who listens, I'm the one who understands, and I'm the one who's your friend..." Kelly trailed off.

I snapped turning around to face her making myself sit up; which was torturous with my broken ribs and the fact I hadn't sat up in a week.

"You're not my friend. The second you found out about your arranged marriage you yelled at me, and told me we weren't friends," I said my mouth cracking for the first time speaking in forever.