Chp 28. Sam

Someone was in my room. Bolting up all I saw was a big blur of darkness. Quickly I grabbed my glasses and turned on my nightstand lamp. The light blinded me but my eyes adjusted soon and when they did I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Felix was going through my drawers.

"What are you doing your insane," I commented as I noticed it was three in the morning.

"Grabbing all your stuff," Felix whispered.

"You know when people fight they wait to apologize in the morning like normal people," I whispered tiredly.

"I'm not here to do that," Felix said.

I grumbled. Then why is he being creepy by sneaking into my room late at night while going through my drawers?

"I mean I am sorry about everything but right now I have to get you out of here," Felix said moving around.

"Why?" I asked not caring.

"Because tomorrow morning the Kennish's will find out that I'm suing them." Felix whispered.

"Wait what?" I asked bewildered and awake now.

"You're right Cassandra. I need to fix things myself and to not use money to fix them for me." Felix said, "I'm not going to let my mistakes cause you to throw your future away."

"Oh gee and I thought marrying Warren was a dream I always wanted," I said sarcastically.

I know rude; he's actually doing what I've been wanting him to do since day one but I'm tired I deserve to get away with whatever I'm saying.

Felix ignored me, "Hurry up we need to leave now."

I jumped out of my bed eagerly; pinching myself just in case. I pulled out my bag I threw together weeks ago, "Ready."

Dad gawked at me, "How long have you had that packed?"

"Don't ask let's go," I said eager to leave.

"That has everything you need?" Felix asked.

I grabbed my wallet and stuffed dolphin, "Now I'm ready."

Felix had a small smile as he looked at the dolphin. I rolled my eyes, "Doesn't mean I forgive you now let's go."

Felix cleared his throat, "Of course."

With that we creeped downstairs and out the door. No one knowing what we had just done.

                         *                               *                                *                              *

"How does it feel to be a free woman?" Tanner asked.

I threw some Cheetos into my mouth, "Technically I'm not free yet."

"Yeah but since dad started suing them you've been acting more like yourself," Tanner said snatching the bag of Cheetos from me, "Especially your appetite."

I rolled my eyes, it's only been a few days since Felix snuck me out of the Kennish home. Believe me Bianca was furious. Not only that but Felix and I finally had a civilized conversation about the past (sort of,) there was a bit more yelling but I got it all off my chest and that's what counted. I'm still not sure how I feel about him though. I did however rip up that old letter he wrote.

"Hey look sis you're famous," Tanner mocked as he tossed the newspaper at me.

Looking down I found the cover on the page with Warren and I on the front cover. It said "Warren Kennish pops the question." I looked at the photo of Warren down on one knee while I looked at him in shock. I know it probably seems silly, but I wanted to know what they wrote about us so I read the article. It talked about how this was a shock and how exciting it was that Warren was finally growing up...blah...blah...blah.