Epilogue

5 YEARS LATER

"Sam where are the napkins?" I yelled out.

"Right next to the cake," Sam answered laughing at me.

I slapped him a crossed the chest, "Ha, ha your hilarious. Now how are the hamburgers coming? Did we get the soda out already? Where are the candles?"

Sam stopped me in my place, "Okay twenty questions; everything has been taken care of."

I folded my arms, "Then where's Mark Tate Jensen Jr.?"

"Well you know...I'm sure the birthday boy is just...opening his presents," Sam said tongue tied.

"He's turning two more like he's playing in the silverware," I said going behind the counter and finding Mark Jr. playing in the drawers full of silverware, along with the pots, and pans.

"Sweetie stop worrying it's not like he's going to remember that his mom forgot about the napkins or the hamburger buns on his second birthday," Sam kidded.

"I forgot the hamburger buns?" I asked frazzled.

Sam took Jr. from my arms, "No I was just using it as an example."

"You can't say stuff like that to me," I mumbled picking up the mess Jr. made.

Sam stopped me with his one free hand, "Will you stop stressing out I mean it's only family coming over."

"Last time my mother showed up we were unorganized and the house was a mess. And guess what she assumed," I paused not waiting for an answer, "She thought we had, had a fight and I was kicking you out."

"First off she showed up the day we got the new dog Skipper who just happened to chew everything up. Second it was also grocery day and you were holding Jr. while doing the groceries with Skipper running around making you drop everything but Jr.; Third off I didn't do the dishes and left the laundry out where Skipper got to it," Sam admited.

At the sound of his name being said a million times Skipper came running in with his chew toy barking. He was a beagle which was good because we didn't want him to get bigger than Jr. We decided a few months ago that it would be a good idea to get Jr. a puppy with the new baby coming in the next 4 in a half months we thought it would be good for Jr. to have a playing companion. Plus Sam always wanted a dog but his adopted parents (Tate and Olivia Jensen,) said they couldn't afford it.

"Cassandra don't worry the house looks great the backyard is all set up and ready for Jr.'s birthday, nothing can go wrong," Sam said tickling Jr.

"Except-"

Sam leaned down kissing me, "Nope nothing can go wrong."

I stepped back biting my lip trying not to giggle, "Then why do I smell burnt hamburgers?"

"Wait, What?" Sam panicked handing me Jr. dashing out the screen door.

"Hi Jr.," I said tickling my son, Jr. giggled his light blue eyes shining as his curly black hair landed in his eyes.

"You're such a liar!" Sam shouted from the back.

I laughed, "Looks like daddies hamburgers aren't burnt after all." I said to Jr.

"Looks like my wife was getting back at me!" Sam shouted as I heard him flip the hamburgers.

"Hello anybody home?" Lizzy called out from the backyard.

"Were coming!" I shouted into the backyard while walking out the screen door from our house.

Lizzy came strolling in with her giant pregnant belly sticking out, "Man I can't wait three more weeks. This is torture."