Chp 21. I Gave In

I stared into the window not sure if I should take a step forward. Right now I was standing in front of the hair salon Lizzy worked at and trying to get up the courage to see her. I know I needed to talk to Sam, but I didn't know the building he worked in plus I'm pretty sure I'm in big trouble with Lizzy. When I turned on my phone it said inbox full because half the messages were from Lizzy. I didn't read all of them and to be honest most of them were just frown or tear faces sent to me. She sure knew how to make me feel bad. Taking a deep breath I pushed open the door to the salon the same as I remember it on the first day I met Lizzy. Turning to my left I barely saw anything before I was tackled to the ground.

"Cassandra!" Lizzy shouted hugging me.

"Nice to see you too," I breathed a gasp. She knocked the wind out of me when she pushed me to the floor.

"You're in big trouble girl, not texting me back and ignoring me you should be ashamed," Lizzy said annoyed.

I rolled my eyes she's so dramatic, "Sorry I turned off my phone."

Lizzy rolled her eyes, "Yeah so you couldn't hear me text you."

I chuckled, "I've missed you too Lizzy. Now how bout you do me a favor and help me dye my hair blue again it's loosing its blue."

Lizzy giggled with joy, "Yes! Let's do it!"

The whole time Lizzy tried to talk to me about where I've been or would even try to slip Sam into the conversation, but I know how to distract Lizzy. All I have to do is ask her about any parties she's gone to lately or boys she's dated. It was a piece of cake to get her distracted. After what felt like forever Lizzy finally touched up my hair by putting curls in it my hair was as blue as ever.

"Well Lizzy as always you do a fabulous job," I said as I tipped her after paying the bill.

"It's so weird when I get tipped by friends," Lizzy said scrunching up her face.

I laughed, "Well hopefully you don't just like me because I bring you business."

Lizzy rolled her eyes, "Oh please, I don't put up with people even if they have money."

I grinned I've missed her. "Well I guess I'll be off then."

"Wait!" Lizzy blurted out, "Sam will be here any minute and I want to see you again!"

I glanced at her smiling half a smile, "I'll catch him next time. And don't worry I'll text you later."

I felt like I was all out of bravery and the fact that I couldn't do it; I'm a chicken.

"But Cassandra," Lizzy whined.

"Next time I promise," I promised.

Lizzy nodded sadly, "Okay fine."

I tried to give her a reassuring smile as I walked out the doors. I just need to get home. I turned left as I walked out the door not even paying attention to where I was going. I slammed into something tall, I've been doing that a lot lately.

"Sorry," I mumbled stepping back.

"Cassandra?" Sam asked.

I stepped back some more, you have got to be kidding me. "Um...hi."

"Cassandra let me explain about the other day," Sam started.

I stepped back even more, I really am a chicken I don't know how to tell him.

"Please don't leave," Sam begged.

"I...I..." I cannot talk right now.

"Cassandra Jessica is not my girlfriend," Sam began.

"Wait what?" I asked coming out of my thoughts and stopping in my tracks.

"We were never officially a couple. Yes I've dated her, but I don't see a future with her. The only reason she was there at the picnic was because she's Steven's sister. I don't know why she thought we were a couple so I set her straight right after you left. I promise I'm telling the truth even ask Lizzy. You're the only girl I want to be with. You're the only one I can see a future with. Please Cassandra can you please forgive me?" Sam pleaded.

I stared at him shocked, hearing that made my heart jump with joy and it also made me want to do some kart wheels. He wanted to be with me, he saw a future with me he...oh no. This stinks I know I said I was going to take Mark's advice, but I couldn't. "I forgive you Sam, and I care about you a lot, but you have to know I-"

I didn't get another word in as he pressed his lips against mine. I pulled back, "Sam I have to tell you something."

Sam's light blue eyes gleamed with happiness, "Whatever it is it can wait because all I want to do is be with you."

"But-"

"Cassandra please, I haven't seen or talked to you in days unless it has to do with you not caring about me as the same way as I care about you then you can tell me," Sam said.

I sighed, "Of course I care about you."

Sam grabbed my hand, "Then please just let it wait because all I want to do is walk hand in hand with you for as long as possible."

I gave a small smile, "Okay."

Sam kissed me again whispering, "I'm so lucky to have you in my life."

And I'm so dead.

*********************************

Thanks for reading! By the way I did a little changing to chapter 20 just so you know in case you read it around June to mid July you might want to reread it. Or not it's up to you.