(Chaos Arc) Chapter 3 - Transfer

Chief Tran, the senior researcher who was assigned to look after him while he was in Seishokai, passed him a golden ring which contained the ability to transport him other worlds, and this ring was especially for the destination of his mission.

It was the realm of Himavanta, which the Thai people referred to as Himmapan.

It was said that there were wormholes located in the Himalayas and certain places in Thailand and Myanmar that led people to Himavanta, and legends surrounding this realm were well known to the people of Thailand, Myanmar, and the countries surrounding the Himalayas.

The world of Himavanta was actually a realm with many forests and cities surrounding a large mountain called Mount Sumeru, a mountain that was often mentioned often in Buddhist and Hindu texts, inhabited by many ferocious monsters and creatures strong enough to challenge the greatest fighters in the universe, and even local humanoids dare not challenge them.

Many humans who entered through the wormholes have perished. Some parts of the natural environment are very acidic and tend to melt the flesh of any living being, leaving behind either only bones or nothing at all.

Some of his opponents include the Nareephon, or women born from fruits of a certain tree.

The Nareephon women were fruits born of the Nareephon tree who were beautiful and enticed men to copulate with them. However, some of them have been abused by men and they became hostile and started attacking others and sucking their blood to gain more power and rise above the other creatures of Himavanta.

Vern had to slash his way through hundreds of them before he could proceeded further into the realm.

On Chief Tran's orders, he was to retrieve a certain plant that was created to generate Chiwitium. Through this plant, it was possible to bring many of the dead back to life as ordinary human beings, and create more Chiwitzer armours.

After cutting his way through the treacherous forest, he entered a few cities and asked around to find his way to the Chiwitium Rose Garden. They explained to him that the rose was silver in colour and was guarded by the Kinnarees. The Kinnarees were humanoid beings with wings who lived long lives. The wings were something that they could cause to appear and disappear at will, and they could use their feathers as weapons since their feathers were as sharp as knives and they could flap their wings in a way to cause a barrage of knife-like feathers that would impale their enemies many times over. "Certainly not an ideal way to die," Vern thought.

When he walked through the towns, the townsfolk feared him, knowing of how he easily wiped out the army of Nareephon woman who were on a rampage killing innocents. They gave him the nickname "Rhino Warrior".

They were also hoping that getting some of the silver roses guarded by the Kinnarees would help them bring back those who were killed by the rampaging Nareephon vampire women.

During his journey of 49 days, he already trekked through Kurapha Forest (Thai: ป่ากุรภะ), Korbha Forest (Thai: ป่าโกรภะ), Mahaphideha Forest (Thai: ป่ามหาพิเทหะ), Tapantala Forest (Thai: ป่าตะปันทละ), Samolo Forest (Thai: ป่าโสโมโล) and Chaiyet Forest (Thai: ป่าไชยเยต), before he reached Anodard Pond.

Vern the "Rhino" killed the Nariphon monsters mercilessly but as long as his opponents were sane local people, he did not kill them. Vern was a trained killer machine but he was ordered to spare innocents as the blood of innocents will stain his armour which will slowly turn him into a mindless monster, which he wanted to avoid at all costs.