CH 6 Titan The Asshole

Jesse's POV--

Man I had to take the day off and go back to Dallas to meet with my family and an attorney today to give up my seat on the board. My grandmother showed up and tried to talk me out of my decision at the last minute. I tried to tell her I needed to be free to be the real me and I didn't want to tarnish the family brand while doing it but I don't think she really understood until I finally just came out right then and there in front of my parents, siblings, cousins and the whole board.

They where shocked to say the least at my announcement. My mom started crying as everyone went silent my grandmother kicked out the none family members on the board to have a private family meeting. My Sister came and hugged me and I broke down a little bit myself. Everyone started asking me questions and I felt so overwhelmed I just ran out of the office and got in my car and drove to my grandmas house and hid from the world.

Of course the gate security had contacted my Grandma when I pulled up so she came straight home to see me. At least she didn't tell the rest of the family where to find me. She found me sitting on the couch in the living room. I looked up as she sat down next to me. My grandmother is the matriarch of our family even when grandad was alive grandma ruled the family so it is really important for her to except me. If she does then everyone else will follow suite even if they don't agree with my decision they will be tolerant and that's all I want.

She grabs my hand before speaking softly. "I love you Jesse you are my grandson and no matter how I feel about your choices I will always love you." I smile a sad smile because it sounds like she isn't happy to hear I'm gay but she is willing to put up with it at least it sounds like. "Ok Grandma I love you too. I don't know what else I can do? I moved away, I stepped down from the board, and I choose a different career path away from the Tea business. What else can I possibly do to distance myself from making the family uncomfortable?"

My grandma sighs and I squirm uncomfortably. "Jesse it's not that I want you to distance yourself from the family... I just think the family needs time to adjust. Like you said it's not like you work with any of them so they shouldn't have a problem with who you choose to be with and fuck me if they do, I just want you happy and I don't care what that takes as long as your happy I'm happy. Don't worry about things you can't control like our reputation we can handle a little scandal." I sigh a little relived at her words.

My grandma continues. "I wish you could be happy working at the company but I understand you have always wanted something different and I don't hold it against you that you went out and made your own path, I just want my children and grandchildren with me. I guess I'm selfish that way."

I rub my grandmothers hand in mine. "Grandma, I'm only an hour away. You can visit me any time and I come home for all the holidays don't I?" My Grandma sits up straighter. "Yes you do and I'm really not trying to make you feel bad for leaving. I'm not Jesse. I guess you always were my favorite not like some of your kiss ass cousins. You always just wanted to spend time with me and your grandad while I felt some of your other cousins just wanted something or another out of us every time they visited. That's why I wanted you on the board so bad so I would always know you were taken care of because you never would ask if you needed something."

I sigh and stand up. "Well it's getting late I should start driving home now before the freeway gets to packed it is Friday after all and all the commuters are on the freeway. And Thank you for understanding Grandma it means a lot." My grandma stands up and hugs me. "You aren't going to go see your parents are you Jesse?" I shake my head no. "You saw Mom crying and Dad just looked like he was going to be sick. I will give them a couple days and then I will call and talk to them."

My grandma walks me to the door. "If that's what you think is best honey." I walk down the porch. "I really do thinks it's best for now. I love you." I walk out to my car and wave as I pull out of the drive. I look at dashboard clock and see its past seven already and I still have an hour drive home ahead of me ughh.