CH 16 Murder

Rockwell's POV---

Seven hours earlier-

I'm sitting in my office going through my emails when I hear a knock. "Come in." I see Jesse walk into my office nervously and I can tell immeaditly something is wrong. "Yes Mr. Jesse can I help you?" He huffs out a deep breath. "I can't get a hold of my mom and I'm worried about her, will you come with me to my parents house to check on her?" I jump up out of my chair. "What do you mean? Has anyone else heard from Catherine?" He shakes his head no. "Not since Monday." 

Oh shit what has Catherine done now I can't bring Jesse with me id I need to clean up one of her messes he can't be a part of that. I I look at Jesse. "I think you should stay here and I will call you when I find out what is going on." He shakes his head ok. "But call me as soon as you find out what is going on." I nod before leaving my office quickly while pulling out my phone.

Catherine answers on the first ring which is never a good sign. "Joey I need you." I sigh. "I know I'm on my way to the big house now is that where you are or are you at the condo." I hear her sniffle. "I'm at the big house. Joey I messed up big I don't know if you will be able to fix it this time."

I rub my temples as I start my SUV. "It's ok I'm on my way now and we will figure it out. Just stay on the phone with me ok. Why didn't you call me sooner you know I would do anything for you."

"I... I thought I could handle this on my own I didn't want to drag you into another one of my messes especially when it has to do with Jebidiah. I didn't think he would go this far."

"I'm here." I say as I pull up to the house and get out and walk to the back door and walk into the kitchen where Catherine is sitting holding a gun. My eyes go wide at the sight. "See I told you I don't think you can fix this for me Joey." I grab a towel from the counter and grab the gun from her. "It's ok sweetheart just tell me what happened I will fix this I promise."

"I came here with him Monday to try and talk some sense into him about Jesse after that scene he pulled at mothers and he basically held me hostage and wouldn't let me leave. He was going crazy Joey he said Jesse couldn't be his son that he could never of had a fag for a son that I must of cheated on him. He went crazy he took my phone and turned it off and put it in the safe. He kept trying to get me to tell him who Jesse's real dad was. Finally he feel asleep on the couch and I went to leave out the kitchen but he must of woke up because he grabbed me before I could get to the door but I grabbed the gun from the kitchen draw and we fought over it. He dragged me into the living room and I shot him. I shot him Joey I killed him."

I hold Catherine tight. "Shh shh it's ok I can fix this, I need you to go back to the condo I will pick you up in an hour and we will come back here and report it ok. Listen very carefully I need you to go home shower and change your clothes, put these clothes in a trash bag. Do you understand. Then I need you to bleach the shower real good make sure you bleach your hands as well. Do you understand."

Catherine gets up and I follow her outside and put her in her car and close the door and watch her drive down the gravel road. I go back inside and make a phone call. Once that phone call is made and the clean up crew arrives I leave myself and drive to the condo to take care of Catherine.

Once inside I find Catherine scrubbing the whole bathroom. "Ok everything is fine where is the bag of your clothing?" She points to the kitchen and I nod while texting my guy to come pick up the bag before he leaves to the incinerator.

"Come sit down a minute, so we can go over what's going to happen next." She nods and sits next to me at the kitchen table. "Right now there is a crew cleaning every trace of you out of that house and staging it to look like a robbery, all we need to do is wait and be calm. Ok."

She nods and I rub her knee. "Sweetie why didn't you just tell Jebidah that Jesse was my son maybe this could of all been avoided." She shakes her head. "I just thought if I kept my mouth shut he would drop it. I didn't want to cause any more problems and you know if I told him about Jesse then he would figure out about the girls being yours too and I didn't want to do that to them, there my kids."

I shake my. "Yes sweetie but they aren't kids anymore they are adults and they can handle the truth. You know I have wanted to tell them for a long time but I have always respected your wishes but now we have to tell them."

She nodded. "They are going to hate me." I hold Catherine as she cries. "No they won't sweetie your their mother they could never hate you." She shakes her head. "They will, they will hate me for lying to them and keeping them away from you." I tilt her chin up and kiss her lips softly. "Sweetie I have always been a part of their lives and I have a great relationship with each one of them, they might not understand at first but they will in time sweetie you just have to trust you raised good children."

She sighs. "But I wasn't the only one who raised them, Jebidah has twisted Jacob against me so bad that he hates my guts and I don't know what I would do if the girls and Jesse hate me like Jacob does. He is so much like his father it makes me sick sometimes."

I rock Catherine gently trying to sooth her worries. "It will be ok trust me, you know I will always love you no matter what haven't I proved that to you many times." She's quite for a while. "Your right I love you too with all my heart I'm sorry I'm such a handful." I laugh. "I wouldn't want you any other way." We stay like that with me holding Catherine for a long while.

Exactly an hour later I get a text that everything is ready. I look down at Catherine. "Ok I need you to be strong now, it's time to go call the police, can you do this Catherine?" She straightens her shoulders and wipes her eyes. "Yes let's get this over with."

"Ok please go wash your face and reapply your makeup, before we go." I watch as she goes to get herself cleaned up and then go to the door and hand my contact the trash bag with Catherine's clothes. "Thank you for the quick response I will do a money transfer in a months time." He nods his head and leaves.

When Catherine comes back out of her room she looks completely different she looks determined and strong like the woman I feel in love with so long ago. She smiles at me. "I'm ready." I grab her hand and walk to the door. "Ok let's get our story straight on the drive so when the police question us there aren't any holes in our story."

Ok just a mini Chapter. But I didn't make you guys wait long to find out a portion of what happened. We still have to find out what Titan did. Did anyone guess it was Catherine and did anyone see it coming that Joey Rockwell was Jesse and the girls dad. I left a few clues in the last couple of chapters. Any way Vote or Comment and let me know what you think.