01: buffy summers comes to sunnydale

an: do not own buffy or any of its characters. I only own Lindsay and her plot.

***

The weekend has finally come to an end. The corners of my eyes have the crusty eye goop and my body has no desire to leave the comfort of my blankets. This can only mean one thing-today is a school day. After two days of freedom from homework and papers it's time to go back to the hellhole of school-high school to be exact. Finding the strength to get up, I stretch out my muscles and a yawn escapes my mouth. I run my fingers through my brown hair as I shuffle my way to the closet. Discarding my worn pajama shorts and top, I throw on jean high-waisted shorts and a black top that just covers my midsection.

After getting my appearance and books together, I walk down the stairs and am met with my mom pouring coffee into her thermos. Her brown hair is curled to her shoulder and her lips are painted red. I've noticed my mom dressing more revealing lately. Her cleavage is on full show and her dress skirt comes mid-thigh-my mom would never wear something like this. Not since the divorce.

"Hey honey," she says, giving me my own cup of coffee. "Ready for school?"

Taking a sip, I shrug. "I wouldn't say ready, but it's not like I have a choice."

"You'll be just fine. When does cheerleading start?"

"We're having tryouts soon then we'll start practicing." I pick up a muffin from a plate Mom has lying on the corner and start picking at it. The banana flavor invading my taste buds. Watching Mom bite her lip while writing something on a notepad makes me feel uncomfortable. "Who are you trying to impress?"

Mom spins around, her eyes wide. "What are you talking about?"

"You're dressing different," I point out.

She shakes her head, seeming nervous. "It's just to make me feel better about myself. There isn't anyone else."

Finishing up my coffee and taking my muffin with me I say, "I'm more observant than you think I am. I'll be back later." Not wanting to wait for an answer I feel out the front door quickly. Willow is picking me up with her mom today knowing my mom has to get to work.

Just as I get to the end of the driveway I see Willow's mom's car down the street. I thread my arms through my backpack straps and get into the backseat once she pulls up. "Thank you for the ride."

Willow turns around in her seat smiling. Her red hair falls straight passed her shoulders. "No problem Lindsay. Are you excited for school today?"

I give her a blank look. "Willow, you already know the answer to that."

Willow chuckles, turning to her mom. "She's not much of a morning person."

"Or a school person," I add, looking out the window as we slowly make our way down the road and into the school's parking lot.

"Have a nice day girls," Willow's mom says as she pulls up behind a few other parents dropping their kids off.

Willow and I hop out of the car before walking side by side up to the school. We soon see Xander, our friend, rolling towards us on his skateboard. I look at Willow, seeing the dreamy eye stare she gets whenever she sees Xander. "When are you going to tell him you like him?"

"Ha-never!" she exclaims as Xander checks out a girl walking up the steps. I've never seen her before. Huh, I wonder if she's new.

Xander then crashes into the guardrail-classic. The girl he was checking out doesn't turn around, but Xander brushes it off like it's no big deal. His skateboard hits my feet as he gazes up at us. "Willow, Lindsay you guys are so the people I wanted to see."