04: the truth and saving willow

a/n: almost done with episode one! because the first season is only 12 episodes I'm trying to break it up the best I can. this may be going fast in regards to finding out about buffy but that's what happened in the show so...oh well!

___________

The cross necklace hits my chest as I jog the rest of the way to The Bronze. When the building comes into view and the bright sign with the logo of The Bronze catches my attention I breathe out a sigh of relief. Entering the building, I accidently bump into some guys walking out and I don't miss when their eyes stray down my body. Cringing, I make my way through the people dancing and checking out girls to find Buffy talking to Willow.

"Are you here with someone?' Buffy asks, looking around them.

Before Willow can respond I lean against the counter beside her. "That would be me," I smile as I see Willow jump slightly in her chair. I wave over the guy mending the bar and order a Coke.

Willow laughs to try and play it off. "She's here now." Willow plays with her fingers. "I thought Xander would be here too."

Furrowing my eyebrow, I look at my red headed friend. "He didn't show up?"

Willow shakes her head, trying not to come off saddened.

"Oh, are you are guys going out?" Buffy asks, pointing to Willow.

"No, we're just friends," Willow says quickly, looking to me for help.

Biting my lip, I add, "They used to go out, but they broke up."

"How come?" Buffy turns to Willow, taking a sip of her drink.

I play with my straw as I watch Willow. "He stole my Barbie," she announces, looking at the counter top before noticing Buffy's confusion. "We were five," she adds as Buffy nods with understanding. "I don't date a lot—lately. Watching Lindsay date is enough for me at the moment."

The straw around my lips drops as I playfully smack her arm. "Hey! Just because I happen to have dated quite a few guys shouldn't put you off to dating."

Willow gives me the stick eye. "You've dated jerks Lindsay. Half of them send you to my house crying at the middle of the night after a breakup."

Puckering my lips, I look down into the glass. I swirl the straw around the ice cubes. "It was only once," I mumble.

Buffy chuckles, taking a cherry from a red stick that came with her drink. "Guys can be jerks, but dating isn't that bad. We all have our bad relationships, but you never know if it'll be a good one until you try."

"Thank you!" I exclaim, turning to Willow.

Willow gives us both a pointed look. "I bet it's easy for both of you. Unlike me who can barely talk when a boy I like is around."

"Yeah, really easy," Buffy says, looking into her glass.

I scoff, shaking my head. "You've met me Willow. I have issues but I don't let that hold me back because life is short."

The corner of Buffy's lips curl up. "Yeah. Seize the moment because tomorrow you may be dead," she shrugs.

"Well that's nice," Willow nods, smiling.

I watch as Buffy looks up at the second floor. I need to talk to her about the whole slayer issue and find out if it's actually true. "Buffy," I speak up, her eyes quickly shooting to me. "Can I talk to you alone?"

"Um," she stammers, looking back to the second floor of The Bronze. "I'll be back in a minute. Then we can talk." She sends me a smile before walking passed us.