17: camo wearing vampire

yes, i know, no time no see. but i am back with this story and starting to fall back into lindsay's story. it also helps that i've gotten a new laptop that actually plays dvds since my last one was iffy with that.

finishing up episode five, and the next chapter will start episode six. enjoy!

_____________

We enter the funeral home Giles was in earlier with Buffy. Directing her to the room he was in, we walk up to it to find it empty and dark.

"Damnit," Buffy sighs.

"This is so cool," a male voice says behind us.

Each one of us turns around in shock to see Owen—who Buffy instructed not to come with us, but to stay at The Bronze.

"Owen, you can't be here," Buffy says, going to stand in front of her date.

"Oh and I suppose you guys are allowed? What are we doing here? Are we going to see a dead body," he continues with the questions.

"Possibly several." She turns to look at us. "Guys watch him."

"Is she mad?" Owen questions as Buffy walks away.

I sigh, folding my arms against my chest. "Well, she did tell you not to be here."

"She just wants to make sure there's no guards," Willow says at the same time, shooting me a pointed look.

Shrugging, I brush off Owen's look of confusion he sends my way before I start walking in the direction Buffy went, the three following behind me.

"You don't like me, do you?" Owen asks, coming up to walk beside me.

I raise an eyebrow at his boldness. He's never been a talkative guy, but in the past few days he's said more than he's said in years.

"She ego is just bruised that you turned her down a while ago," Xander says behind us.

"Xander!" Willow gasps.

I scoff, shaking my head. "No I'm not. I'm so over that by now."

"Then why do I have a feeling I'm annoying you?"

Before I can say anything, we turn a corner and see Buffy walking out of a room.

"Is everything okay?" Willow asks.

Buffy nods. "It is."

"And we'll be leaving?" Xander questions next.

"We're not done looking around yet," Owen speaks up.

Rolling my head, I look at Buffy's date. "I think we've look around enough."

"No, he's right," Buffy disagrees. "Lets find a nice, safe, fun room to look around in."

We walk down hallways, following the blonde slayer. Taking a turn, Buffy walks up to the office door. Owen brings up that it was locked, but my gaze focuses my Buffy's hand around the handle as she yanks down hard on it, clearing breaking the lock. She peeks her head inside the dimly lit room before we all pile inside.

"I don't think we'll find anything in here," her date says.

"Lets the plan."