06: hello again mr. handsome

sorry for the long wait. I am going back to campus this weekend so I'm trying hard to get the next update after this done before than.

GIF MADE BY:  Light-Of-The-Moon

also: I recently posted a Dean Winchester fanfic in hopes to start it soon! please check it out.

*I do not own buffy or angel or anything involving the show. only Lindsay and her plot lines.*

________________________

The world globe spins around in the library as Giles talks. "The world is older than any of you know. Contrary to popular mythology, it didn't start off as a paradise," he says, stopping the globe from moving. He walks to a bookshelf, no doubt about to add to the collection already in his arms. "For untold eons, demons walked the Earth."

The bubblegum bubble pops and sticks to my lips. "Demons," I murmur, shaking my head as I wrap my arms around my torso. All of this new information is getting more than unsettling. The creatures I believed that were only in scary bedtime stories really do walk the Earth. I need to invest in a nightlight after this.

"They made it their home, their Hell. But in time they lost their purchase on this reality. The way was made for mortal animals, for man. All that remains of the old ones are vestiges, certain magic's, certain creatures," Giles adds, walking down the short staircase to stand alongside Buffy.

"And vampires," the blonde slayer adds onto what Giles just said.

Xander stops leaning against the railing and comes forward as Giles sits on top of the table. "Okay, this is where I have a problem. See because we're talking about vampires. We're having a talk with vampires in it," Xander says.

"Isn't that what we saw last night?" I add, propping my feet up on the chair across from me. Willow nods beside me.

"No. No. T-Those weren't vampires, those were just guys in thundering need of a facial. Or maybe they had rabies. It could have been rabies. A-And that guy turning to dust? Just a trick of light." Buffy says, sarcasm dropping from each word. I give this girl credit. She may look like a blonde prom queen, but she has some badass in her. I mean, I guess she has to be considering she fights vampires. "That's exactly what I said the first time I saw a vampire. Well, after I was done with the screaming part."

Willow's face seems to get paler. "Oh, I-I need to sit down."

Looking at my redheaded friend, I find myself fighting a smile. "You are sitting down," I point out, patting her leg.

"Oh, good for me," Willow responds, seeming like she'll pass out any moment.

"So, vampires are demons?" Xander asks, taking the attention off Willow.

Giles is there to respond. "The books tell the last demon to leave this reality fed off a human, mixed their blood. He was a human form possessed, infected by the demon's soul. He bit another, and another, and so they walk the Earth, feeding—killing some, mixing their blood with others to make more of their kind, waiting for the animals to die out, and the old ones to return."

Something inside me turns—in a bad, nauseating way. Things are about to hit the fan.

                                                                                       ****

I tap my fingers against the table, my legs starting to cramp. We're still in the library as Giles and Buffy are trying to get us caught up in all the information needed. My head is starting to ache a little bit and a sensation of not feeling safe spreads throughout my body.