Chapter 30

When Jungkook saw Lisa, she was sitting alone on a plastic chair outside the 7-Eleven store, with her hands folded on her lap. Her dark doe eyes darted left and right.

A gust of cold wind at night made her shiver involuntarily. Her nose was red, and next to her white snow boots was an oil painting gift box.

Jungkook quickened his pace and jogged over to her side, looking down at her, "What's going on?"

Lisa looked up at him with flushed eyes and said in a muffled voice, "I had a little quarrel at home over there."

Jungkook sat down next to her and let out a soft breath through his nose. Propping his hands on his knees, he leaned over to examine the paint box, "How come you didn't deliver it?"

"I'm not going to deliver it anymore," Lisa hugged the gift box with a look of annoyance on her face. She grunted, "Changed my mind, I'll keep it for myself."

Jungkook could probably guess that the gift was rejected. He patted her little head in a reprimanding manner, "Don't be upset over little things during the New Year."

"This is not a little thing," Lisa sneezed and rubbed her nose. "Forget it, let's not talk about it."

Jungkook simply took off his down jacket and draped it over Lisa's shoulders, gently saying, "Look at you, all messed up."

The clothes carried his body warmth, warm and cozy. He put it on for her and carefully buttoned it up from bottom to top.

Lisa has a petite figure. Wearing Jungkook's oversized down jacket made her look even smaller, shrinking entirely into the clothes.

She looked up to see him wearing only a thin round neck sweater. "Aren't you cold, senior?"

"Not cold," Jungkook said, then sneezed.

"Come on, just admit it." Lisa said and proceeded to take off the down jacket to return it to Jungkook.

Once a man has given his clothes to a woman, it hurts his pride to take it back.

Jungkook grabbed Lisa's collar with one hand and lifted the little girl right up to his eye level, staring at her, "I'm not cold, girl."

Lisa: ......

If you're not cold then you're not. Why are you being so fierce?

She shook off Jungkook's hand and neatened her hair like a cat, "Don't mess with me."

The three words "don't mess with me" made Jungkook hear some inscrutable meaning. He chuckled and patted the back of her head, "Let's go, I'll take you home."

"If I go back now, Eunwoo will surely kick up a fuss. I'll go back tomorrow morning."

Jungkook raised his brows in a question, "You wanna sit outside the convenience store all night?"

Lisa got to her feet, "I was planning to stay at a hotel."

Jungkook took Lisa to a hotel, holding the paint box in one hand. At the front desk in the lobby, Lisa rummaged in her backpack for a long time. She took out a thermal cup, tissues, lipstick, but couldn't find her ID card.

She looked at Jungkook awkwardly, "Is there a kind of...hotel that doesn't require ID?"

Jungkook put all her stuff back into her bag and casually slung it over his shoulder. He said helplessly, "There is."

Lisa followed Jungkook to the door of his apartment. She halted in her tracks.

A "hotel" that doesn't require ID turned out to be his apartment!