Chapter 37

That evening, in dorm room 409.

Mingyu was brushing his teeth when he heard Jungkook say that the 409 dormitory would participate in the Guyu Poetry Recital together, and he was so shocked that he spit out a mouthful of foam: "Poetry recital? What's that? What are you trying to do?"

Jaehyun explained: "Standing on the stage with all eyes on us with your Jungkook, reciting poetry."

Mingyu gargled and rinsed his mouth: "Do you need us few for that? Jungkook can stand on his own, that's already an obscene poem itself."

Jungkook casually swung a copy of The Complete Collection of Poems and smacked it on his head.

Mingyu nimbly dodged: "Must we brothers all go up? Can I not go?"

Jaehyun said: "What Jungkook means is that with more people on stage, if we bomb as a group, there will be more face to lose together, giving us courage without fear."

Mingyu: ......

F*cking thick skinned.

"It doesn't matter if you don't want to go."

Jungkook lowered his head looking at the recital videos on his phone, casually saying: "I heard from Lisa that they would invite Song Xuanxuan from the Broadcasting Department as a judge. She's the department belle. We'll help say hi to her when we see her."

With the mention of the Broadcasting Department's belle, Mingyu immediately got excited: "My goddess Xuanxuan is also coming and even as a judge? F*ck f*ck f*ck!"

He hurriedly picked up The Complete Collection of Poems from the floor: "I must perform well to let goddess Xuanxuan know that the National Defense Academy is not just brawn over brains!"

Jaehyun said with a smile: "Speak for yourself, don't drag others in. The admission scores for the National Defense Academy are over 40 points higher than liberal arts. Who dares to say we don't have brains?"

Jungkook didn't care much about this issue: "Let others say what they want. Winning the championship, you can use your skills to slap their faces."

"It's not easy to win the championship." Mingyu said flicking through the book, happily saying: "But being able to show off in front of my goddess Xuanxuan is not bad either."

The next morning, after Lisa brushed her teeth and came out, she saw the door to dorm 409 across from her cracked open.

She looked around and saw no one, so she sneaked to the door crack and eavesdropped.

A melodious male voice came from the dorm, clear and sonorous, sounding like Mingyu.

Just as Lisa was listening intently with her ear to the door, the wooden door suddenly swung inwards. Caught off guard, Lisa lost her balance and stumbled right in.

In the chaos, she grabbed onto the lean waist of the man.

The waistline was very firm. Her head knocked against it felt like a hard wall, and it still hurt a bit...

She looked up and met Jungkook's pitch-black eyes.

He looked down at her with a faint smile: "First thing in the morning, sneaking over to throw yourself into your senior's arms."

Lisa grabbed his shirt hem to steady herself, and mumbled: "I came to see how you guys are preparing, have you picked the recital piece?"

With folded arms, Jungkook raised his brows and asked: "You care that much?"