Side Chick: Paris's Story

"I'm just gonna end up like Dime- retiring From shaking my ass", I say applying more lip gloss to my already pink lips. I work 8-5 at the ThickMagic Club.

Got my own apartment, Independent, car, ain't no way in hell I'm giving this up no time soon.

"Girl you say that all the time", My girl Breanna says to me laughing. She joins me in the mirror, fixing her black '42 in. weave.

"Paris, Breanna you guys are on in five minutes", my boss Sammy says. Sammy is a 6'3, sack of good looking, steph curry look alike . He has a wife, kids, and a huge house in San Francisco.

Wonder why I can't have a man like that.

I mean if you see the way he treats his Mrs. You'd understand why they're together. She only wants him for his bills, he only wants her for her appearance and the kids she can't offer nothing more.

I mean the b*tch used to work her a few years ago before me anyways.

I rush out past the b*tch who just got off stage, who I call "Three titties". I don't like her, thinking she the Shit. She fail to realize we all here for the same thing.

Money.

Every stripper in here got a story. Whether a single mom, started from the bottom,to being touched by a family member, or just took the easy way out straight from high school.

Me? I'm none of the above. I do this for me, a natural born hustler. I do this for fun.

'I Love It' by August Alsina plays, as me and Breanna walks on stage. I take the lead, jumping on the pole and sliding down into a split. Breanna follows suit as I pop my ass to the beat.

'See I ain't no bitch nigga no rich nigga
No snitch nigga Ima real nigga that's real nigga
I'm just trying to chill cause
I'm way too drunk to be talking like this
I'm way too high to be tripping like this
I'm way too young to be living like this
Ask me why I do it?
I'ma put it like this
God Damn it I love it '

Money pours onto the stage from left to right, I watch Breanna wickedly smile throwing her head back from the breeze of it.

Looking out from the stage I stare at this imaginary guy in the crowd. We lock eyes. I bite my lip slowly and point to 'Him'.

Grinding against the pole, I make sure he gets a full view of my topless body. Even more flies onto the stage.

The song ends, and the crowd cheers as me and Breanna pick up our doe and begin counting it in the locker room.

"Oooooo girll, I really do luv this Shit", she says smacking every syllable out of each word. I laugh counting the twenties, and ones.

3800 in just one night.

I pack up, and give Sammy his Cut, kiss his cheek, and say goodnight. He smiles and says, "Paris what am I gonna do without you Girl".

I look down, and back into his eyes and smile.

"Let's try not to find out ". I wink and head to my car, when I notice Chris texts me.

'696969'.

His code for 'I Need you badly'. I throw my bookbag into the back of the car and get on the highway.

'Shawty I don't... Mind.
If you dance on the pole
It don't make you a hoe.
Shawty I don't
Mind---
If you working till three
If Ya leaving with me
Girl you know you gotta make that money money money'.