80. Lucy

Leah's POV.

I sat on the edge of our bed, staring out the window at the cloudy sky. The events of the past few weeks replayed in my mind like a never-ending loop. I thought about Sophia's trip to Magaluf, the cheating scandal, and the endless press coverage that followed. It was hard for me to wrap my head around everything that had happened. I still loved Sophia, but the betrayal cut deep.

The constant media scrutiny had made it even harder. Every detail of our personal lives had been splashed across tabloids and social media. I couldn't escape the headlines, the gossip, the judgmental looks from strangers. It felt like my life was under a microscope, and I hated it.

Frustration welled up inside me. The media's relentless invasion of our privacy was suffocating. I wanted to scream, to lash out at the world that seemed to take pleasure in our pain. But I knew that wouldn't solve anything.

I sighed, pulling out my phone and scrolling through my contacts. I needed someone to talk to, someone who could understand what I was going through. I paused at Lia's name, a close friend and teammate who had always been there for me. Without overthinking it, I sent a quick message.

Me
Hey, can you come over? Could really use some company right now.

A few minutes later, Lia replied.

Lia
Of course, be there in 20 minutes

I put my phone down and took a deep breath. I needed this. I needed to talk to someone who wasn't part of the chaos, someone who could offer a fresh perspective.

When Lia arrived, I opened the door with a tired smile. "Thanks for coming."

Lia gave me a sympathetic look and pulled me into a hug. "Of course. You don't have to go through this alone."

We moved to the living room and settled on the sofa. Lia looked at me with concern. "How are you?"

I sighed. "It's hard. I still love Sophia, but everything feels so messed up. The press won't leave us alone, and it's just... a lot."

Lia nodded, understanding. "It's okay to feel that way. You've been through a lot. But remember, you're strong, and you'll get through this."

I leaned my head back, closing my eyes. "I hope so. I just want things to go back to normal."

Lia placed a reassuring hand on my arm. "They will, eventually. Just take it one day at a time."

I opened my eyes and met Lia's gaze. "I'm trying, but it's so damn hard. Everywhere I look, there's another article, another photo. It's like we can't escape it."

Lia squeezed my arm gently. "You can't control what the press does, but you can control how you react to it. Focus on what you can change, and let the rest go."

I nodded slowly, appreciating the advice. "You're right. I need to stop letting it get to me. It's just... I miss her. I miss us."

Lia gave me a soft smile. "I know. But you're doing the right thing by taking care of yourself. And you have people who care about you, who want to help."

I felt a surge of gratitude. "Thank you, Lia. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Lia chuckled. "Well, you won't have to find out. I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere."

As we sat together, talking and sharing our thoughts, I felt a small spark of hope. Maybe things wouldn't go back to the way they were, but we could find a new normal.

We sat on the sofa, our conversation naturally drifting into deeper, more personal topics. The understanding between us made it easier to share our vulnerabilities.