5. I Know You

A/N: Song above is 'I Know You' by Skylar Grey :)

Image above is of Gwen's Familiar :P

*~*

I sighed as I pulled my bright red hair up into a high ponytail, my short red bangs hanging low in front of my face, and decided to clip them back with one of my mother's old pins.  It was in the shape of a fox's head, my mother's favorite animal.  I sighed again, and Ash whacked me upside the head with her book bag.  "Hey!" I protested, and glared up at her.

She glared back more intensely and I flinched.  "Stop worrying, it's only your second day.  I have a strong feeling that something good will happen to you today."

I sighed once again.  "How can you be so sure?"

Ash shrugged, and threw on her silver-gray cloak over her shoulders.  "Call it intuition."  I gave her a look, and she sighed.  "Okay, fine.  I swear on my Magic that something good is going to happen to you today."

I sighed, and she whacked me over the head again.  "Will you stop that!?"

Ash crossed her arms.  "Then stop acting so depressed!  Now come on or we're going to be late."

I nodded and followed her out of the Girls' Dorm.  Along the way, I noticed several girl's giving me the evil eye, and frowned at them.  "Hey, Ash?  Why is everyone glaring at me?" I pulled at her cloak, and she looked around us.

"No idea."  With a small shrug, Ash and I went our separate ways since we had different classes, and I sighed as I walked into my classroom.  Everyone went deathly silent upon my entrance, and I clutched my book bag tightly to me as a reassurance.  Spotting Rian gesturing over at me from the back of the room, I quickly headed towards him when three of my classmates stood blocking my path.

"How could you possibly be Prefect Eli's Buddy?" one of the brunette girls asked, and I stumbled for words.

"H-how do you know that?" I asked fearfully, and they scoffed.

"Everyone knows that," the other brunette voiced.

I gulped.  "Well, I'm not entirely sure myself, but class is going to start soon, so I'd like to get to my seat, please."

The three girls giggled.  "Right.  Sit next to the infected one in the back, since you're obviously infected yourself, what with all those frogs yesterday," the blonde girl with dark green eyes spit out, and her two brunette friends giggled.

I frowned.  It was fine if they made fun of me for the frogs yesterday, but involving Rian with their insults?  I wouldn't tolerate it.  I lowered my arms as I slowly placed my satchel bag down on the desk next to me.  Then I glared up at the three girls in front of me, and they all flinched at my gaze.  The whole class was quiet, so I was assuming they were waiting to see what would happen next.  Well, I would give them a good show.