14. Fairytale

A/N: Finally I have no homework xD Hope you guys enjoy :P

Song above is 'Fairytale' by Alexander Rybak :)

Image above is roughly how I imagine Aura, the only exception being her mismatched eyes :3

*~*

The temperature dropped several degrees, my body shivering as I frantically gripped Aura's body to mine, closing my eyes tight against the bitter air that was biting at my cheeks and lips.  Since I was clinging to the source of the sheer cold surrounding us, it was expected for me to get the full blast of it.

"Gwen!  You need to let her go!" I distinctly heard Elliot call from behind me, a sudden cold winter breeze blowing over us, drowning out his words.

I shook my head, my numb arms and fingers clutching Aura even tighter.  "She's had too many people let her go, Elliot!  I won't be another one that leaves her!"

The racking sobs shaking beneath me intensified.  "Damn it!" I heard Elliot bellow, and the rush of several footsteps sounded somewhere beyond the raging wind as I pried my eyes open to my surroundings.

A blizzard wrapped around Aura and me, us being at the very center of the storm.  My teeth were chattering, my clothes covered with frostbite, and I could no longer feel my fingers.  "A-Aura," I mumbled through chattering teeth, "I-I won't l-leave you."

Aura's eyes snapped open then with a gasp, her gaze meeting mine as I stared at her irises.  Her eyes were different colors.  When they had both once been an icy cold blue, only the left one remained a pale azul, while the other was a bright hazel-caramel color.  Her eyes were brimmed with tears, but they didn't spill over as she stared at me.  "Gwen," she gasped out, her voice slightly hoarse from all her crying.

"GWEN!"

I tried to look over my shoulder for Elliot after hearing him scream my name, but my body was too frozen to move.  Even my legs and toes had become too numb to move.  My lips were caked in frost, and I'm sure my wild red hair was a tangled mess of white snow.  A sudden flare of red outside the blizzard blasted the wind and snow apart, dispersing the cold storm as I collapsed to the ground, Aura's arms now embracing me tightly.  I smiled to myself as her hands clutched my frozen ones tightly.

"I'm so sorry, Gwen," she whispered, cradling my head in her lap.

"Gwen!  GWEN!" I slowly blinked my frozen eyelids up at the blonde-haired man leaning over me, blue eyes wide with concern.

I forced a laugh.  "You were right about her Magic tears, Elliot."

"Gwen, you need to stay awake, okay?" Elliot said in a rush, and immediately leaned over me, his hands cradling my face as my head still rested in Aura's lap.  He inhaled deeply before connecting our lips together, and exhaled.  A rush of warm spring air filled my body, reaching all the way to my toes and back up to the roots of my hair.  Elliot breathed warm fiery air into my entire body twice more until my limbs were no longer frozen, and I could move freely once again.  I slowly sat up with the help of Elliot, and his blue eyes widened at the sight of me.  "Gwen, your hair-," Elliot whispered, and I frowned, reaching up to touch my hair gingerly.

"What about it?" I asked, trying to look up at my hair when Elliot reached up to grab two separate strands on either side of my face, pulling them into my line of sight as my gray eyes widened in shock.

Two thick strands of my hair had turned a startling, luminescent white.

"How did-?" my voice trailed off as I grabbed my hair from Elliot and peered at it closer.  It looked like it went all the way down to the roots.