10. Little Do You Know

A/N: So I figured it'd be cooler with naming Chapters after songs that suited the context, so, here it is xP Enjoy ;D

Song above is 'Little Do You Know' by Alex & Sierra

Image above is roughly how I imagine Elliot (Eli) Brookes ;P

*~*

"Ash, are you able to do tracking Spells?" I asked my roommate as soon as I walked back into our Dorm after speaking with Elliot's little sister, Leesha.

Ash glanced up at me with a frown, Ace flying off of my shoulder to sit in her lap.  "Why?  What's wrong?"

I rushed over to my vanity, removing my cloak to drape it over the back of the chair and opened the top right drawer, pulling out the object within, clutching it tightly in one hand as I turned back to my roommate.  "Elliot's missing."

"What?  Where the Mage could he have gone?" Ash asked while getting up and walking over to her own vanity, pulling out her green vine wand and walking over to me.

I handed her the object, and she raised an eyebrow at me.  I blushed.  "I forgot I took it from him that day he played the pity card with me," I mumbled, and glanced down at the brown tie in her hand.

Ash sighed, and hovered her wand over the brown tie.  "I invoke the passion of a spark, the rumbling sky with a dart.  Traku Pace!"  Touching the tip of her wand to the brown tie, it began to glow a deep red and floated between us, before shooting out the balcony window and towards the Train Station.

"Thank you, Ash!" I called over my shoulder before chasing after the tie, Ace fluttering his tiny wings to keep up with me.

"Be careful, Gwen!" she called after me as I bolted down the stairs, still in my school uniform, my cloak discarded back in the room, and ran after the glowing red tie.  I boarded the Train just in time with Ace clinging to my shoulder, and the tie floated directly outside our window, leading us to which stop we needed to get off at.

After riding the Train for about two hours or so--the sun having completely set and the moon rising up to reside with the stars--we finally reached our stop.  We quickly got off and rushed after the tie, not noticing the Manor we had arrived at until the tie disappeared through an open window, and both Ace and I gaped up at it in awe.  It was enormous.  Where exactly were we, though?

Slowly approaching the front door, I raised my hand to knock when it opened on it's own.  I took a quick step back, only to find a Doberman growling lowly up at us from the open doorway.  I gulped as Ace hid behind my hair.  "H-hi," I greeted the dog, and he tilted his head up at me in question, still growling every once in a while.  "Um, I'm looking for Elliot Brookes.  Does he happen to be here?" I asked, and the dog's ears pricked up.

"I don't know why you're asking me that, lady.  It's not like I can tell you anything," the Doberman's deep voice spoke up, and I grinned.

"Actually, you can.  My Magic allows me to communicate with animals, so I was wondering if you could help me?" I asked while leaning forward, hands propped on my knees.

"Really?"  The Doberman's small tail began wagging.  "It's been so long since I've had a decent conversation with a human.  What is your name?"

"I'm Gwen Gardens, and you are?" I introduced myself, and gestured down at the dog.

"Name's Rocket."  His ears perked up sharply then.  "Wait, you're Gwen?"

I blinked.  "Um, yes?"

"Hurry and come on in.  We need your help."  Rocket turned and ran inside then, and I exchanged a look with Ace, before following in after him, the door shutting behind me on it's own.  I'm guessing they used Magic for it to detect whenever there was a guest on the doorstep or something.  I followed Rocket further inside the large Manor, and was led into a vast living room where a lone figure stood gazing out the floor-to-ceiling window with his arms crossed.  I didn't recognize this figure since his back was to me.  He had curly black hair and a confident stance that radiated his powerful form of Magic.

Burning Butterfly (Prefect #1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara