6. A Drop In The Ocean

A/N: Song above is 'A Drop In The Ocean' by Ron Pope in the Nightcore version :P

Image above is of Gwen's butterfly summer dress :)

*~*

I rushed back into the classroom where Rian waited for me at our desks.  I sighed and slowly made my way over to him, the Chibi Winged-Fox still perched on my shoulder.  "Huh?  What's that on your shoulder?" Rian blinked curiously over at me.

"Oh, him?" I pointed at the Fox.  "He's just a little guy I happened to help out.  He was being picked on by some younger boys, and didn't really like it."  I shrugged.  "So I told them to leave him alone."

Rian raised his eyebrows, his brown and gray eye widening slightly.  "You said your Magic only works on animals, right?"

I nodded.  "It allows me to speak to them."

Rian blinked rapidly.  "Now that's even more rare than my Curse."  I narrowed my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.  "Uh, not that I mean that I'm Cursed or anything!" he hastily corrected, and I raised an eyebrow as he sighed.  "What I mean to say is that having Magic that allows you to communicate with Magical Creatures is very rare," he shrugs, "I guess it just means you'd make a great Tamer with that sort of Magic.  I mean, most people have to be born into it and all."

I blinked.  "Really?  I never knew that."  Rian nodded.  "Hmm," I said thoughtfully, when the Chibi Fox spoke up from being perched on my shoulder.

"Can I stay with you, Big Sis?"

I turned my head to look at him, and found his black beady eyes pleading up at me.  I sighed.  "I don't know if you can, honestly.  I mean, am I even allowed to have a pet?"

"What did he say?" Rian asked curiously, and I turned to him.

"Oh, he's just asking if he can stay with me.  I'm not entirely sure if he can, though," I frowned and began to think.

"Well, you could always keep him as your Familiar," Rian suggested, and pulled his cloak on over his shoulders before grabbing his book bag.

"I can do that?"  I grabbed my own cloak and satchel bag as I followed Rian out the door and into the hallway that was bustling with other students.

Rian nodded.  "Almost every Wizard has a Familiar of some sort.  Most are either Wolves, Birds, Insects, or even Lizards."  I made a face at the mention of Insects, causing Rian to laugh.  "But in your case, it's Wolf related, since Foxes are normally hunters.  So I guess it works."

I nodded, turning my head to look at the Chibi Fox.  "What do you say to that?  You want to be my Familiar?"

He flapped his tiny wings rapidly and hovered in front of me.  "You bet, Big Sis!"

I grinned then and hugged him to me as he began to lick my face.  "Awesome!"  Rian laughed before we parted ways to our separate gender Dorms.  Upon arriving to my Dorm Room with my Familiar perched on my shoulder, I was immediately tackled by a ball of black and green.  I blinked in surprise at Ash's unusual color interest in pajama's.

"You have a lot of explaining to do!" Ash glared up at me with bright green eyes, and I blinked my own gray ones down at her.

"I do?"

Ash nodded vigorously and dragged me over to our beds.  "Why didn't you tell me that Prefect Eli was your Buddy!?"

I blushed.  "Oh.  That."

"Yeah, that!  I had to hear it from a couple of people in my class instead of from you!  Why didn't you say anything this morning?  Or last night, for that matter?"