16. Sisters of the Light

A/N: Title suits the chappy ^.^ And the only time Burning Butterfly and Frostbitten will share the same title XD

Dedication for wanting the update on this ;P

Image above is of Aura's Familiar, the White Tigress, Sonata :)

Video above is the fun little song 'Sisters of the Light' by Xandria in the Nightcore version ;D 

*~*

All Aura and I could do was stare at each other, our hands still intertwined with the glowing white light between our palms still shining brightly.  "I have a sister?" we whispered at the same time as Aura tightened her grip on my hand.  I squeezed it in return.

"But they look nothing alike," Hunter stepped forward to argue then, and I glanced at Elliot but he seemed to have his thinking face on, not paying attention to me at the moment.

Professor Cedric shook his head, his hands now folded neatly behind his back.  "Wrong.  Gwen resembles her mother in every way, including her Magic, I presume?"  He looked at me for confirmation then, and all I could do was silently nod my head.  "And Aura looks just like her father, with the exception of her eyes," Professor Cedric frowned then, "I actually don't recall you having blue eyes, Aura."

Aura sighed then as she slowly released my hand, dropping it back to her side as the light between our fingers faded into nothing.  Lifting her right hand to cover her right eye, I glimpsed a small ray of blue light shine beneath her palm before she dropped her hand, her eyes once again mismatched.  I grinned at the sight of them.  "Ah.  There's your father's hazel eye," Professor Cedric spoke with a sad smile, as Aura just blinked at him.

"How?" was all she said, and I turned to the Satyr as well.  That's what I wanted to know.

Professor Cedric sighed.  "Aura was the first born, but as the mystery with mismatched-eyed children went, they were supposedly 'Cursed'," the Professor air quoted the word before continuing, "so people shunned your parents for giving birth to you.  But it was when Headmaster Harold found out the truth behind the mismatched eyes that he took you, wanting to put out your Spark and take your Magic for himself."  He lowered his gaze.  "Your parents were devastated, and so I promised to find you for them.  When I did, I applied for a position as a Professor in order to keep an eye on you.  I knew taking you back wasn't going to be easy, so I kept myself hidden until the time came to bring you home.  It wasn't until Miranda and Jimmy had their second child a year later that I discovered the Spark."

I frowned.  "What's this 'Spark' you keep talking about?"  I didn't notice that Aura had looked over at me at that moment.

"The Sisters of the Spark is the simple term for it.  The formal name for what you two are is called the Sisters of the Light," the Professor explained, and began pacing.  "I don't know much about it, only that when two sisters born of purity unite, they are to bring prosperity and light to the darkness that looms over us all, purifying it in a way no other Magic can."  He glanced over at us.  "And my guess is that since both of you were practically separated at birth, and your parents didn't mention Aura to you, Gwen, they hadn't seen the Spark like I did."

Aura spoke up then, "So Gwen is my birth sister?  With the same parents and everything?"  I glanced over at her.  Her face held no emotion.  Professor Cedric nodded solemnly.

"She is in every way your sister, Aura."

Aura collapsed to her knees then, holding her face in her hands as she took deep ragged breaths.  I immediately knelt down beside her, placing my hand on her shoulder reassuringly.  Surprisingly, she didn't flinch at my touch, only reached one hand up to enclose mine, the light from before now just a dim glow between our fingers.  "He's after her," I barely heard her whisper, when she raised her head to the Professor then, unshed tears pooling in her mismatched eyes, "He's after her.  I didn't understand when he said he wants to put out her Spark, but now I do.  Gwen has to leave."