17.5. Oxygen

A/N: For some reason, I feel like this story is almost over ._.

Song above is 'Oxygen' by Bass Modulators in the Nightcore version :)

Image above is of Frost Fiend Aura :3

*~*

The light engulfed both mine and Aura's bodies briefly before it suddenly disappeared altogether, leaving a blackened spot of curling smoke where Headmaster Harold had previously been standing.  I stared.  He was really gone?  Just like that?  Suddenly someone screamed from within the crowd as everyone scattered for cover.  I lifted my head just as a shadow fell over the three of us.

"Gwen, look out!" I heard Elliot shout over my shoulder before I was being pushed roughly to the ground, my hand releasing Aura's on instinct, my body colliding with the hard cement ground.  I blinked my eyes open only to see a fiery shield surrounding mine and Elliot's bodies from any harm.  I knew he would protect me.  But what about Aura?

I moved my head to the side where I could see my sister lying on the ground as well, her eyes gazing upwards, so I followed their line of sight only for my body to go rigid with fear.  Headmaster Harold was hovering in the air on inky black wings that looked like they were made out of tar.  So this was the might of the forbidden Black Magic.  "Eli!" I managed to hear Aura shout, and looked back over at her, only her eyes weren't focused on me but on Elliot instead.  "Get her out of here!"  I felt Elliot nod from beside me before he was grasping my hand in his own, and a bright white light consumed us as I heard him mutter an unfamiliar Spell under his breath, my whole body vibrating until the sounds of clacking bones and several students' screams could barely be heard from the distance we were now at from the Main Square.

I snatched my hand back from Elliot's and jumped to my feet, looking around us for any sign of my sister.  I turned back to him with narrowed eyes and clenched fists as he pushed himself up from the ground.  "Where's Aura?" I demanded through clenched teeth, and Elliot shook his head.

"I'm merely doing what she asked of me, Gwen.  You can't go back there, it's not safe for you.  Especially with that monster going after you," Elliot narrowed his bright blue eyes at me.

"I don't care!" I shouted, my legs shaking.  I had to get back to her.  She could be hurt for all I knew.  "She's my sister, Elliot!  I have to go back for her!  You would do the same if it was Leesha back there!" I took off with those last words, following the screams of the students back to the Main Square.

"Gwen, stop!  You can't go back there!" I heard Elliot cry out from behind me, but I kept running.  I knew he would eventually catch up to me since he was taller than me and thus had longer legs, but still, I kept on running.  I just had to get back to her.  Looking around for any sign of Aura, I couldn't spot her among the crowd, and began to worry.

"Not you, young one, but your sister," the vaguely familiar voice sounded from above, and as I lifted my gaze upwards, I found someone who didn't look like my sister at all aside from the crystal blue eyes she looked down at me with.  Her body had completely changed otherwise.  Navy blue tendrils of what looked to be Ice covered her bare thighs, arms, and neck before framing her face.  Her once dark brown hair had turned a stunningly midnight blue that resembled the starry night sky, and instead of wearing her school uniform, she was adorned with a mid-thigh length blue dress with a matching cloak that reached past her ankles.  She held a crescent moon scepter that centered around a giant snowflake, and her eyes were a crystal shining blue that reminded me of gleaming sapphires.  "You're not supposed to be here!" Aura--or whoever it was--floated down from the air towards me, and it was then I noticed Headmaster Harold was imprisoned in what looked to be a sphere made of Ice.  Just hopefully that would hold him for a while yet.  "How long can you hold him back?" Aura asked, and I blinked in confusion.  "Not long.  And I am sad to say I cannot stay in this world for much longer, either," that same weird voice that sounded like Aura but wasn't exactly Aura replied from Aura herself.  Okay, now I'm lost.  "Thank you for doing what you can," Aura's regular voice answered as she closed her eyes, before that strange voice answered once again from her own smiling lips, only her gaze was locked on me.  "Tamer, you have the power to free your sister.  You just need to find it is all.  Look to the Light within, and it shall free you both."  Aura's body jolted then as a small blizzard formed around us.  For some reason, the cold didn't bother me this time around.  Once the blizzard disappeared, Aura collapsed to the ground heavily, her breathing rapid and her limbs shaking.  I immediately knelt down to inspect her for any injuries, her clothes having returned to their original state and her hair was brown once again.