Chapter 44: Iris

The next day, Tan Feiyu woke up half an hour earlier than usual, washed up in a few minutes, and walked out of the gate. The carriage that was coming to pick her up for the court had not arrived yet. Taking advantage of the gap that was still a while, she walked straight to the market not far away.

Based on the location she remembered, she walked to an alley selling flowers. The boys selling flowers were receiving their work for the day. She walked over and looked at the flowers carefully. They were all beautiful, but she didn't know how to choose for a while.

The boss asked her if she was buying flowers to give to others or take them home. She replied: "For my sweetheart."

The boss recommended irises to her, saying that this flower is very auspicious, but some people also rumored that it has a bad meaning. It depends on the individual.

"What bad meaning?"

The boss said. After listening, Tan Feiyu pondered for a moment, and then asked the boss for a blue iris. After the boss wrapped it in paper, she put the flower in her wide sleeves and returned to her door.

At this time, the person who came to pick her up had arrived. Seeing that she did not come out from home, she asked a few more questions with some surprise.

Tan Feiyu smiled and said that she got up early, so she simply went to the market to stroll around and buy some things.

"Then, did you buy something that suits your taste?"

After sitting firmly in the carriage, she touched the iris in her sleeve and said gently: "I did."

"It's so smooth so early in the morning. I think everything will be satisfactory to you today."

Tan Feiyu's eyebrows curved: "If it can be so, it would be the best."

When entering the palace, because of a bit of traffic jam on the road, it took two quarters of an hour. When she arrived, it was just in time for the morning court.

She took two deep breaths, walked to the main hall, and greeted several familiar adults with a smile, and then heard the attendant loudly said quiet, which meant that the morning court was about to begin and the emperor had come.

Standing slightly behind her, she raised her head and looked towards the throne when she knelt down, and met Shen Ze's dark gaze unexpectedly.

Both of them were stunned and moved away without leaving a trace.

Shen Ze's eyes swept to the others, and as soon as he opened his lips, his indifferent majestic voice filled the hall: "My dear ministers, do you have anything to report today?"

An old minister stood up: "I have something to report."

Shen Ze's eyes moved to her: "Speak."

"Regarding the taxation and drought in the southwest this year, I suggest reducing taxes in drought-stricken areas, and..."

Tan Feiyu listened, but she didn't listen much today. She wanted to look up to see what his expression was and observe his mood today, but she knew that it was illegal to look up at His Majesty casually in this hall.

She thought of the bunch of irises in her sleeves, and she just hoped that it would not wilt so quickly. She also thought about how to give the gift to him later, and whether he would accept it.

"What do you think of Lord Gu's proposal?"

Wang Fu suddenly said, "I see that Lord Tan, the attendant, has thought about it seriously. I think Lord Tan has some brilliant plan. Why not tell it out loud for everyone to hear?"