The Unwanted Colour Argument

Oneshot Collaboration with burnbrightkatniss

"Katniss." I hear Peeta call me from downstairs. I stretch out on the bed and let out a loud groan. My belly is getting to big and heavy for me to carry.

I put my hands on it and feel it move. It stirs from a couple of seconds and then stops. The first time our child moved I was terrified, I however became used to it after the moment.

"Hey Katniss, I'm going to start with painting the nursery. You'll want to join won't you?" I'm startled when Peeta enters the room. I remove my hands from my belly.

I walk over to him and put my hands around his neck. "Well of course I do."

"Okay." Peeta answers and gives me a light kiss on the lips.

Since we don't know if it's a boy or girl we agreed to do something that could go with either a boy or girl. Peeta agreed with this concept but we have different colour ideas.
Peeta wraps an around around me as we exit the room and head downstairs.

"What would you like to do for the walls?" He asks and kisses my temple.

"What about like a light blue colour?" I say. "Light blue can be for a boy or girl."

I see Peeta make the face he does when he doesn't agree. So we're gonna start arguing about colors again. Great. "Okay Peeta, what colors would you like?"

"Dark brown and white, similar to the house walls." He protests. Dark brown and white? Really?

"No." I imply.

"No?" Peeta scoffs.

"No. I don't like it." I'm about to cry. Ugh. These stupid hormones.
Just before we turn down the hallway after climbing down the stairs, Peeta stops me.

"Hey, hey I'm sorry." He whispers and wipes my moist eyes.

"I'm sorry too." I reply. He gives me a kiss on my forehead. He pulls me into a hug and I rest my head on his broad shoulder.

Yellow. Yes! Yellow. Like a dandelion. "Peeta! I have the perfect color."

"What is it?" He questions and I move my head to look into his eyes.

"Yellow," I say excited. "Yellow like a dandelion in the meadow!" I really hope he likes the idea. "What do you think?"

"Yes! What about we mix a bit of orange into it to make a sunset colour?" Peeta suggests and gives me a smile.

I start to jump yet I really can't. "Yes! Yes! I love it!" I kiss him on the lips. I'm so excited.

"There we go!" He exclaims as our lips separate.

We finally made a decision.
We smile wider and he begins to lead me to the nursery around the corner.

"Lets go get painting then."